I need work boot suggestions

I had wanted to go with the insulated quarrys, but I couldn't find them anywhere either, which is why I went with the Red Wings.

Glad to see you successful in your search!
Sounds like you did well with your Red Wing experience. I wore Red Wings for years, until they discontinued the model of what I wore. After that, I couldn't find anything that I was as comfortable with, which ended the relationship. I'll likely get a good 8-10 years out of these Danners. The ones I've been wearing daily will be relegated to garage duty, which will help keep the new ones in good shape even longer.

Danner Quarry, I tried multiple brands and styles when I first started working in the mining industry, and these are the ones that worked out best for comfort and durability click here. Whether sitting in the cab of a piece of equipment or out boots on the ground dragging power cable my feet never complained at the end of the day.

[URL][URL]https://www.danner.com/productfamily/quarry?sortId=product_family-asc[/URL][/URL]

Edit: unlike the Red Wings and Whites I tried there was no extensive "break in" procedures.

Hi guys,

I just recently started renovating my kitchen and will soon go about knocking part of a wall down. Does anyone have recommendations for safety boots - with steel caps. Anyone know of any good deals?

Cheers,

Reactions: RINC
Hi guys,

I just recently started renovating my kitchen and will soon go about knocking part of a wall down. Does anyone have recommendations for safety boots - with steel caps. Anyone know of any good deals?

Cheers,

Good deals is going to be relative to where you live. I can pretty much guarantee any "good deals" here in the US aren't going to be applicable in the UK.

for what its worth, my danner quarry boots are holding up though I did bust a stitch on the heel somehow recently and the waterproof gortex liner gave out within about a year. think I am on year 2 or 3 with them, think they should hold up until about mid year next year as ive wore the front lip to about the stitches at the front of the toe from kneeling at work.

as for my danner 6" bull run moc toe, I got about a year out of them before the sole started separating, had it resoled locally and that peeled. sent it to danner and had them resole it for a second time and fix the cracked plastic safety toe that was stabbing my foot while walking. got the boots back with new soles and a unrepaired toe cap. ended up with a new pair of bull runs under warranty from danner they arrived with separating soles new out of the box. currently intermittently wearing them but I know im gonna end up tossing them out soon.

as for my winter boots, my three year old red wings Irish setters foreign made.. are holding up much better and I have yet to have a single complaint surprisingly.

have some thorogood boots too, busted heel stitch, soles nearly worn off but holding up good.

I just ordered another pair of Thorogood boots. I really like them. If you call them for best price, they will lower it from catalog price....USA made (WI)

Reactions: reddvltj
I just ordered another pair of Thorogood boots. I really like them. If you call them for best price, they will lower it from catalog price....USA made (WI)

I thought they were, but not ALL Thorogood boots are made in America.
Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

This could be because mine are composite toe (not steel), but I'm just guessing at that.