I never realized I had so many extra parts and it feels good to be getting rid of them

toximus

I live in my Jeep
Supporting Member
I never realized how much of a hoarder I had become. Between several Jeep builds back to back over the last 3 years I haven't had the opportunity to sell or clear out many of the unused parts. Additionally I also kept needing parts so I didn't want to sell anything. Even now, I'm finding I'm rebuying parts that I sold only a few months ago. I've started a new motto for myself: It's better to want and not to have, than it is to have to live with it.

With modern 2 day shipping being normal I'm feeling comfortable that if I do need to rebuy something I've sold off I can even if it does cost a little more. The cool part is that my garage is doubling in size just by selling unused stuff. And that is cheaper than building another garage.

I know the feeling, trust me. I'm probably not as bad as you, but I have countless numbers of parts (not TJ parts, but other stuff) I've been hoarding in my closet, in my daughter's closet, under the bed, etc. Lately I've been getting rid of most of it.

I came to the realization that it's better to cross a bridge once I get to it. Why worry about a part breaking and having a spare when I can just worry about that when it happens, right?

I know the feeling, trust me. I'm probably not as bad as you, but I have countless numbers of parts (not TJ parts, but other stuff) I've been hoarding in my closet, in my daughter's closet, under the bed, etc. Lately I've been getting rid of most of it.

I came to the realization that it's better to cross a bridge once I get to it. Why worry about a part breaking and having a spare when I can just worry about that when it happens, right?

I really do appreciate the forum you've made here. You've helped me clean out a lot of parts. Anyway, I'd like to be a paid member and help you out a bit if I can. Hopefully show a little thanks. I can't find the link to do that though... Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

I really do appreciate the forum you've made here. You've helped me clean out a lot of parts. Anyway, I'd like to be a paid member and help you out a bit if I can. Hopefully show a little thanks. I can't find the link to do that though... Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Muchas gracias!

Here's that link: Supporting Member Upgrade

What's funny is that I see you listing so many parts for sale I just assumed the khaki TJ was in pieces by now :ROFLMAO:

Sounds like you're just cleaning out a bunch of stuff you've got stored though.

What's funny is that I see you listing so many parts for sale I just assumed the khaki TJ was in pieces by now :ROFLMAO:

Far from it! Aside from still needing to install a hub kit, I actually finished up everything I wanted to on Sunday. I just can't find wheels that my wife likes to fit the hub kit.

I just pulled her out for a quick picture:

15578680237135083953949208381754.jpg

She's really digging the sleeper look of no Rubicon decal.

I don't blame her, I don't think I was going to put them back on either.

You're in the same dilemma as I was. I kept trying to find a wheel I liked that would fit with a front hub conversion, but I couldn't find any. The selection for manual hub friendly front wheels isn't nearly as good as the non-friendly wheels is.

I look forward to seeing what she comes up with.

Far from it! Aside from still needing to install a hub kit, I actually finished up everything I wanted to on Sunday. I just can't find wheels that my wife likes to fit the hub kit.

I just pulled her out for a quick picture:

View attachment 93776
Do you know anyone with a CNC mill? Its quite simple to set up the wheel and machine out the center if you already have the correct bolt pattern. Buddy and I did that for his CJ that is 5 x 5.5. Took about an hour.

Do you know anyone with a CNC mill? Its quite simple to set up the wheel and machine out the center if you already have the correct bolt pattern. Buddy and I did that for his CJ that is 5 x 5.5. Took about an hour.

Unfortunately the current rims are 5x5. I'll keep it in mind.

I want the rear bumper/fenders you have for sale, but damn if I didn't go wayyyyy over budget on my rear axle swap. I've been giving away parts from that swap. Preparing the Dana 35 for shipping to one of our forum members, gave my canyon wheels w/good tires away. I didn't intend to give them away, I felt bad asking for money from the people they are going to. I think I've given away more parts than tried to sell. I hate clutter and useless garbage...somehow I have not removed my wife from the house, she has a lot of crap. Do we really need pictures on the wall, or 14 pillows and 7 blankets but we can only use 7% of what is available on the bed?

Reactions: Travis