I think I just got super lucky with a Craigslist np231

LittleTankTJ

TJ Euthanist
Lifetime Supporting Member
I bought an NP231 off Craigslist that the seller bought to put in his Jeep. He chipped the rear output bearing flange when changing bearings. I took the front off to see how much I'll have to rebuild when putting an SYE in and it looks freshly rebuilt from what I can see.
IMG_20200411_003346.jpg
IMG_20200411_003323.jpg

$125 off Craigslist.

While clean, I don't see anything that tells me everything is brand new. 125 is a good deal though, a lot of the ones I find locally are 175+

Rebuilt or not; $125 is a great deal.
Funny how the 231's can be had for that much; but the 241's are literally 10x the price.

While clean, I don't see anything that tells me everything is brand new. 125 is a good deal though, a lot of the ones I find locally are 175+
True. I'll be taking it apart this weekend and I'll know for sure. The shift pads should tell me.

Rebuilt or not; $125 is a great deal.
Funny how the 231's can be had for that much; but the 241's are literally 10x the price.
Do you know why they're that much?

Has anyone else got an amazing Craigslist find story?

Do you know why they're that much?

Rarity is a big factor; plus desirability. The 4:1 ratio becomes a lot more helpful for people looking to do more difficult wheeling. (Plus for some people its a bragging rights thing). Also, once people started listing theirs for $1200+ , every other back-yard-cragslist-part-out-entrepreneur started doing the same. Then, because every buyer that wanted (or needed) a 241 saw that there were really no better deals to be had, they started forking over $1200+ simply because thats what the "value" is.

If everyone refused to pay that inflated price; they would be listed/priced much more reasonably.

Has anyone else got an amazing Craigslist find story?

I got my rear ARB on Craigslist for half the cost of brand new, it was installed then taken out, IIRC he ended up with a different locker or it didn't fit his setup. I also found my Antirock for half the cost of new, guy went back to a stock sway bar because all he did was easy trails. Also found my currie steering for a little over $200. Had maybe 125 miles on it according to the PO, he took it off because he said it caused bumpsteer in his rig. I didn't say anything, just handed him the cash and drove off

I got my rear ARB on Craigslist for half the cost of brand new, it was installed then taken out, IIRC he ended up with a different locker or it didn't fit his setup. I also found my Antirock for half the cost of new, guy went back to a stock sway bar because all he did was easy trails. Also found my currie steering for a little over $200. Had maybe 125 miles on it according to the PO, he took it off because he said it caused bumpsteer in his rig. I didn't say anything, just handed him the cash and drove off
I should start looking for an anti rock after lockdown is over. It didn't even cross my mind to check CL for one