I think I lost my lift: Looking for suggestions

well crap, i just installed the metalcloak 3.5"
time will tell. i'll be interested to see what the outcome is regardless of what you choose. 🍻
I'm sure you will be happy with the MC system.

time will tell. i'll be interested to see what the outcome is regardless of what you choose. 🍻
Through some encouraging from cool guys @Alex01 @jjvw I went with the Currie 4”. Someone I knew had the rears just sitting in his garage after he’d went with 5.5” so I went to Savvy on Thursday and bought the 4” fronts. Hoping the 3.5” jks tracbar still works right. I’ll keep you guys posted.

Reactions: Alex01

Pay attention to the bump stop extension, especially in the rear. There needs to be a little over 6.5" between rear spring seats at hard bump or else you risk damaging the springs. This minimum amount of required bump stop will have an effect on the final shock selection as well.

Reactions: Vasq
Well, it took me a two nights after work to get it done but I did it. And turns out the RC coils were 2.5" w/.75" Spacers. With the 4" Currie's I actually got a full 4" of lift. The rear is a little higher but I think will drop a bit more level when I put my carrier and tire back on. @jjvw @Alex01
IMG_6969.jpg
IMG_6975.jpg

Reactions: Jaime313
Looks great. Well done.
Thanks, I went to a buddy's house the next day and had him look at my drive shafts since I had some vibes before the lift. We adjusted front lower CA's because he thought the rear DS was fine. After a good amount of moving the front end forward. I got Death Wobble again! We took it back to where it was and it's gone but I still feel the vibration and what now feels like the beginning of DW coming back. He thinks my front Tracbar might be a little loose but it's less than a year old. Last year I started giving money to my jeep trying to correct my DW. I put Currie steering, JKS Tracbar, Savvy/Currie CA, all new Ball joints, OME steering stabilizer and next month will be a year.
Love the lift but DW sucks. I actually hope its the tracbar and JKS warranties it.

Thanks, I went to a buddy's house the next day and had him look at my drive shafts since I had some vibes before the lift. We adjusted front lower CA's because he thought the rear DS was fine. After a good amount of moving the front end forward. I got Death Wobble again! We took it back to where it was and it's gone but I still feel the vibration and what now feels like the beginning of DW coming back. He thinks my front Tracbar might be a little loose but it's less than a year old. Last year I started giving money to my jeep trying to correct my DW. I put Currie steering, JKS Tracbar, Savvy/Currie CA, all new Ball joints, OME steering stabilizer and next month will be a year.
Love the lift but DW sucks. I actually hope its the tracbar and JKS warranties it.
Did you check the alignment after installing the springs? @Jerry Bransford made a great write up. https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-align-your-jeep-wrangler-tj.85/

For good measure also check the torque on all the front end components.

@bobthetj03 what was the magic number for roughly calculating caster on a dana 30?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaime313
Reactions: Jaime313 and Alex01