I thought I saw a CJ... oh wait a TJ... no

JEEPCJTJ

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Half way between Pittsburgh and Cleveland
I was driving into a parking lot today and saw what I thought was a lifted CJ with side pipes. As I got closer I saw the front fender flares. OMG a TJ with side pipes. Nope this is what I saw..
IMG_20190927_150138635_HDR.jpg

I could do without the bumper jack, but otherwise not bad.

I was driving into a parking lot today and saw what I thought was a lifted CJ with side pipes. As I got closer I saw the front fender flares. OMG a TJ with side pipes. Nope this is what I saw..View attachment 117557.

I could do without the bumper jack, but otherwise not bad.
I wholeheartedly agree. Lose the jack, and the rest is pretty rockin'! It's got a vintage vibe, for sure, with that exhaust. (y)

quite the position for the right side mirror. on that note I bet the guy used to own a rice rocket... and is very young. just in the experimental stage of building shit. kudos to his imagination and balls to do it different.

he did pickup on the most controversial mod of all... the farmer jack.

Hopefully it has a V8, automatic, 4WD..... burn rubber eh...
remember this one? wildest 4x4 ever.

TWO Olds Toronado V8s. Best ET, 8.2 seconds, Best Trap Speed, 182mph. In 1966. In a quarter mile.

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
Man I don’t know what to say , but it’s super cool, and somebody is taking care of it .

It looks very clean, but I'd ditch the side pipes and the hi-lift, then swap the rims/tires for some BFG all terrains on 15x8 and throw on a safari sun shade.

That YJ is sweet! Love the side pipes!

That CJ2 with the CJ3 windshield looks really good. Looks sleeker and meaner. I always thought the tall windshield gave it a five head look.

Reactions: JMT
quite the position for the right side mirror.

TWO Olds Toronado V8s. Best ET, 8.2 seconds, Best Trap Speed, 182mph. In 1966. In a quarter mile.

View attachment 117560

I wonder if he did time in The Army. The HUMMV has awful mirror positions. So anytime I was able to drive one I’d push the mirror as far forward as possible.

Tony Angelo did this recently with a 2006ish Impala SS. Two 5.7l hemis. That car was dropping the same times on initial test runs. I bet he will have it in the low 7s if he gets the tire traction correct.

F9748C11-C270-43C9-880A-90CCCB857AA3.jpeg

Reactions: Squatch
YJ roll bars changed around 93, Not sure what year the mirrors changed.
I believe 92-95 were the "family" roll bars for the YJ's, as far as the mirrors go, I think wranglers pretty much had the same up until 2003 when they changed for the TJ's.
I've got an 89 YJ and it's mirror (factory driver side only) is the same as my Tj's mirror