I un-did the unthinkable...

Sounds like you're well on your way @Chris.

Like @Starrs said, what you have planned + the ProCal and you're pretty much golden. There some fiddly bits to mess with underneath but those can wait. Are you going to shrink your TJR now so it fits in the woods better?

Reactions: Starrs
Funny thing is, there's a 4 door TJ around Portland, Oregon that I see from time-to-time. I had to do a double take, but it's a damn 4 door TJ!

I was told, shortly after I got my TJ, that the first guys to stretch Jeeps were here in our town. There is a dealership here, named Crenwelge, that has dealt in Jeeps for decades. One of there relatives has 15 Jeeps. I’ve seen them all, including the TJ and LJ, each with 3500 miles on the odometer. I don’t know if any of the stretch Jeep story is true, but I’ll look into it. They fabbed some four doors. Any of the old timers would know for sure

@Chris, you just bought it and have already chopped, slammed and painted it? Slow down already.

85818faf.jpg

Reactions: StG58
Sounds like you're well on your way @Chris.

Like @Starrs said, what you have planned + the ProCal and you're pretty much golden. There some fiddly bits to mess with underneath but those can wait. Are you going to shrink your TJR now so it fits in the woods better?

Is the ProCal basically the same thing as the Superchip Flashpaq and all the others?

Ahh, I don't mind that it doesn't fit in the woods. To be honest I don't want scratches all over it from the branches. I think we'll use it for simple stuff, beach trips, and Summer cruising. Maybe we'll take it to some place like Moab and what not where we can do the less crazy trails.

I'll tell you what, the way this sway bar disconnect works is pretty cool. Probably just something else to break, but we won't use it all that often.

I was told, shortly after I got my TJ, that the first guys to stretch Jeeps were here in our town. There is a dealership here, named Crenwelge, that has dealt in Jeeps for decades. One of there relatives has 15 Jeeps. I’ve seen them all, including the TJ and LJ, each with 3500 miles on the odometer. I don’t know if any of the stretch Jeep story is true, but I’ll look into it. They fabbed some four doors. Any of the old timers would know for sure

I tried to snap a photo of the 4 door TJ last time I saw it, but it was on the highway and I couldn't catch up in time. I did a double take though, because it looked ugly (especially since he'd used two front doors for the back two doors). It just doesn't look right on a TJ for some reason.

@Chris, you just bought it and have already chopped, slammed and painted it? Slow down already.

View attachment 28673

Oh man... it's the vehicle most JKU owners should be driving.

@Chris, let me know when your ready to sell your Tj or bumper/winch, wheels etc to fund the JKU project, lol.

If my wife had her way, those things would be sold to fund the "kitchen remodel", not the JKU project, haha.

Reactions: JMT
Is the ProCal basically the same thing as the Superchip Flashpaq and all the others?

Ahh, I don't mind that it doesn't fit in the woods. To be honest I don't want scratches all over it from the branches. I think we'll use it for simple stuff, beach trips, and Summer cruising. Maybe we'll take it to some place like Moab and what not where we can do the less crazy trails.

I'll tell you what, the way this sway bar disconnect works is pretty cool. Probably just something else to break, but we won't use it all that often.

I tried to snap a photo of the 4 door TJ last time I saw it, but it was on the highway and I couldn't catch up in time. I did a double take though, because it looked ugly (especially since he'd used two front doors for the back two doors). It just doesn't look right on a TJ for some reason.

Oh man... it's the vehicle most JKU owners should be driving.
Procal module sets your gearing for added tire size. Keeps your revs normal. A must for 35" tires. Best hundred or so bucks you'll spend on that big sexy beast haha

Procal module sets your gearing for added tire size. Keeps your revs normal. A must for 35" tires. Best hundred or so bucks you'll spend on that big sexy beast haha

Yep, but I was just trying to figure out if the Superchip Flashpaq was any different than the AEV ProCal:

https://superchips.com/shop/f5-jeep-flashpaq-2015-2017

It's super expensive, and I'm not sure if you're getting anything more for that price other than a cool LED screen?

Yep, but I was just trying to figure out if the Superchip Flashpaq was any different than the AEV ProCal:

https://superchips.com/shop/f5-jeep-flashpaq-2015-2017

It's super expensive, and I'm not sure if you're getting anything more for that price other than a cool LED screen?
The procal doesn't do as much as the superchips. Doesn't that add HP somehow also? I don't think you really need the superchips. Use the difference on an alien shade

The procal doesn't do as much as the superchips. Doesn't that add HP somehow also? I don't think you really need the superchips. Use the difference on an alien shade

Yeah, I'm unclear about whether or not the Superchip unit adds horsepower or not. All I know is that it's awfully expensive!

EDIT: Nevermind, I checked it out in depth and the Flashpaq (unlike the Flashcal) gives you the ability to "tune" the engine to get more performance or more mpg out of it (albeit not much).

Yeah, I'm unclear about whether or not the Superchip unit adds horsepower or not. All I know is that it's awfully expensive!

EDIT: Nevermind, I checked it out in depth and the Flashpaq (unlike the Flashcal) gives you the ability to "tune" the engine to get more performance or more mpg out of it (albeit not much).
Scratch it. Waste your money on some other useless JKU mod haha

Reactions: Chris
No, the TJ has brush pinstripes. The JKU... we will see. It did cost 34k, haha.
But what a rig. Eventually the TJR will be a collector's Jeep and the JKUR will be the everyday rig. I wonder what a set of 8 TJ Currie control arms will be worth in 30 years?

Then you can get a JL to beat on...

But what a rig. Eventually the TJR will be a collector's Jeep and the JKUR will be the everyday rig. I wonder what a set of 8 TJ Currie control arms will be worth in 30 years?

Then you can get a JL to beat on...

In 30 years do you think I’ll still even be able to get parts to rebuild my Currie control arms? Haha

Reactions: Starrs
Guys, this is a terrible terrible and sad (for TJ Enthusiasts) change of events!

How come we only have the "Like" button here? Where is the "Don't Like" button?

What do you say guys, it's a "no brainer" - I say; the "kitchen remodeling" is a better investment.

That's okay Chris, I know, I know....

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and Chris
Nice ride Chris. I like the idea of adding a jk sub group . @Dave K. and I have an 08 jk rubicon that I know I would love to chat about as we get it ready to sell. I loved the jk ,that is before I got my TJ. Dave hates the shocks that are on it so he never really got attached. Or you could clump all other wranglers into a sub group called the red headed step children...

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris