I want to buy this Jeep but I need your help

Zedd

TJ Enthusiast
3FD5F341-EF3D-4684-929C-B55FCDE831C5.jpeg

GF helping me show it off haha.

This’ll be my first car. I found my dream 2002 Jeep Wrangler SE. The owner is the 4th owner who got it at an auction. It had been in a collision in which the insurance company deemed it a “totaled car.” Apparently all it needed was the bumper replacement.

E1C403EC-CCA3-4641-B65A-509C381B9466.jpeg

I saw absoutely no rust, mold, etc. The body of the car looks intact. It’s an amazing condition at a $6300 price point at 129,000 miles. I want you guys to help me buy this car. I’m on a limited buget and I cant get someone to inspect it. I’ve done a lot of research and everything looks good to me. No leaks spotted. My only problem is that the fourth owner has only driven it under 100 miles, so he doesnt know the car like the back of his hand, and that, looking at the carfax, only things like A/C fluids, oil changes, filters, etc have been replaced. Manual, it feels good to me, but my friend bought a car and the next day the clutch went out so I just have this feeling like something like that is on the horizon and I’m giving an arm and a leg for this thing and I need time to recooperate financially if I indeed buy it.

7AA68E62-1E24-40A9-ACBD-1BEC5253CB36.jpeg
D8216327-1330-4987-BBA5-E6E1AABE1D85.jpeg
730F4B08-2B8C-44C2-9204-F7666FABB90C.jpeg
DA7F82B3-F52D-4613-8E78-8996B3CB5541.jpeg
A3EFF462-5B59-4D8C-A04F-0F5C01D175EE.jpeg

F92041FC-0021-42DC-9769-C6C4AEA377C6.jpeg
AAA15C66-DEE4-4CD5-8E4B-CB590DBD770B.jpeg
8CDA5DBE-1332-49D3-9D0F-F0AC1651A82E.jpeg
45B5E647-85F6-4B28-8169-6FA19A26EE89.jpeg

Hard top, half doors. We did a seal test for the doors. No leaks. I went for a drive, no loud or weird sweaks. It was lifted obviously with some not very daily driver type tires. They’ll be good for like a year then I’ll have to change em’ to daily driver types. No interrior pics but it’s good. Pretty clean. The interrior has some simple insulation for heat/noice. Nice speaker set up on the roof bar. Nothing fancy just simple. Stereo good. Not able to check for car codes. My time is running out on having it.

What do you guys think? Any questions? Thoughts? Feelings? What ever I can hear from yah. Like I said, first car, I feel good about it but I need yah. Let me know in the comments

4558AB8E-4A7C-4A11-BB5E-D40282C8A623.jpeg

X2 to above, seems high for an auction SE deemed totaled.

Jeep looks good underneath. Dana 30/35, some quick disconnects, TCase drop.

You never know if something may go out next week. Change fluids to get a baseline and go enjoy the Jeep

To me, it seems like the owner bought the Jeep to flip it. I also find it hard to beleive that an insurance company would total that Jeep with a bent bumper and fender. Bent frame maybe?? A Jeep with a salvaged title isn't worth that much and hard to sell if you decide to upgrade in the future.

If your going to buy salvage you might as well buy one at auction. You'll save a lot of money and know what your getting. There is a thread on the forum that has some salvage listings.
If you plan to drive your Jeep hold out for a 4.0. We have some beautiful place here in the northwest but you are going to have to drive up some grades at higher elevations to get to some of them. With a salvage title, 4 cylinder, and no AC you will have a very difficult time selling it when the day comes that you want to upgrade.

To me, it seems like the owner bought the Jeep to flip it. I also find it hard to beleive that an insurance company would total that Jeep with a bent bumper and fender. Bent frame maybe?? A Jeep with a salvaged title isn't worth that much and hard to sell if you decide to upgrade in the future.
That’s what the 4th owner does. He buys and flips. I’ll double check for a bent frame and get more info about that. Do auctions specify these kinda details? Or do they just say “Totaled title” and move on?

If your going to buy salvage you might as well buy one at auction. You'll save a lot of money and know what your getting. There is a thread on the forum that has some salvage listings.
If you plan to drive your Jeep hold out for a 4.0. We have some beautiful place here in the northwest but you are going to have to drive up some grades at higher elevations to get to some of them. With a salvage title, 4 cylinder, and no AC you will have a very difficult time selling it when the day comes that you want to upgrade.
Do you mean Reconstructed title?

Don't be in a big hurry to buy. Take your time and buy the right Jeep for you. I would look for one with a 4.0 engine.

Everyone keeps saying that but I need a car right now and I want a Jeep Wrangler. I also kinda fell in love with it. This is the only one near my price range.

A2084CA7-C685-460F-8649-C6AFF140B130.png

807D2C19-4E60-4B55-B9D2-EA9D4ABB57F0.png

X2 to this, I would start at 5k, cash if you got it, and go as far as 5.4 or 5.5k. It looks good from the pictures but like LR says it will be hard to get your money back out of it with a salvage title. It looks like it has Factory control arms still and they don’t look new so I don’t think the suspension was damaged or there would be new pieces. In the damaged right fender picture there is a damaged left side flare and the fluid bottles mounted on the left inner are all brand new. Is the fan and radiator new also?

Everyone keeps saying that but I need a car right now and I want a Jeep Wrangler. I also kinda fell in love with it. This is the only one near my price range.

I’d say you jeep on looking too.
The guy buys and sells cars he’s making a profit off you. You can find another Jeep and put the profit money he was going to gain off you into the Jeep. Just my two cents.

I’m not sure on your last question. The 3rd owner may have bought them but they are not on the credit report