I want to buy this Jeep but I need your help

View attachment 114010
GF helping me show it off haha.

This’ll be my first car. I found my dream 2002 Jeep Wrangler SE. The owner is the 4th owner who got it at an auction. It had been in a collision in which the insurance company deemed it a “totaled car.” Apparently all it needed was the bumper replacement.

View attachment 114011

I saw absoutely no rust, mold, etc. The body of the car looks intact. It’s an amazing condition at a $6300 price point at 129,000 miles. I want you guys to help me buy this car. I’m on a limited buget and I cant get someone to inspect it. I’ve done a lot of research and everything looks good to me. No leaks spotted. My only problem is that the fourth owner has only driven it under 100 miles, so he doesnt know the car like the back of his hand, and that, looking at the carfax, only things like A/C fluids, oil changes, filters, etc have been replaced. Manual, it feels good to me, but my friend bought a car and the next day the clutch went out so I just have this feeling like something like that is on the horizon and I’m giving an arm and a leg for this thing and I need time to recooperate financially if I indeed buy it.

View attachment 114014View attachment 114013View attachment 114015View attachment 114016View attachment 114017
View attachment 114018View attachment 114019View attachment 114020View attachment 114021

Hard top, half doors. We did a seal test for the doors. No leaks. I went for a drive, no loud or weird sweaks. It was lifted obviously with some not very daily driver type tires. They’ll be good for like a year then I’ll have to change em’ to daily driver types. No interrior pics but it’s good. Pretty clean. The interrior has some simple insulation for heat/noice. Nice speaker set up on the roof bar. Nothing fancy just simple. Stereo good. Not able to check for car codes. My time is running out on having it.

What do you guys think? Any questions? Thoughts? Feelings? What ever I can hear from yah. Like I said, first car, I feel good about it but I need yah. Let me know in the comments

View attachment 114012
What Jeep?

I found a '97 Wrangler SE, red, soft top, with AC for $3800.00 150k miles. OKC facebook marketplace.

The yellow Jeep in question had BDS on the right rear shock. Maybe BDS suspension?

It's a little high. $4500 would definitely buy it anywhere else. The prices are coming down across the board. Just be patient and wait.

1) Your dream car is NOT a salvage title 4 cylinder Jeep. It just can't be...can it? Get the emotions out of the way, they're leading you down path of terrible financial decisions.

2) It sounds like finances are tight. Have you REALLY factored in poor gas mileage, insurance, etc into the cost here?

3) Please, do not take a loan out for a 17 year old jeep. If you can make a car payment, you can pay yourself first. Save and pay cash.

4) If you're desperate for a car, keep looking. Find something in the 3000 range that will get you through the next year or three. Get your finances straightened out, save, and find your dream jeep, which is a 2004 4.0 Sport or Rubicon, unmodified, low miles, no damage :)