I was just reminiscing about a Moab trip a couple years back...

Pressurized

TJ Enthusiast
And I'm hoping to get back there later this year with the LJ.

Some of my favorite trails are Kane Creek, Elephant Hill, Poison Spider Mesa, Hells Revenge and Behind the Rocks. Hoping to hit a few more again, maybe Metal Masher, Steel Bender and Golden Spike... Always have to have a day or 2 to do the scenic trails like White Rim Road, that's what my wife likes.

What are your favorite 5 trails?

Had a lazy spotter when I was there last...

moab bernie.jpg

Last edited:
@Apparition

I see it's at the end of April... My wife is a teacher and I doubt that I can get out of here that week. Do they do it every year? She's only a couple years from retirement and then I'm good to go whenever I want.

We were there just last week for Easter Jeep Safari......always a good time in Moab.
Hells Revenge
Steel Bender
Poison Spider to Golden Spike to Gold Bar Rim
Flat Iron Mesa
Behind The Rocks

Reactions: Pressurized
How would you rate Kane Creek on difficulty? I'm not really worried about my jeep but my FIL has a JKU on 35's and a 4" lift. He did poison spider, elephant hill, and TOTW without any issues on the last trip out to Moab.

How would you rate Kane Creek on difficulty? I'm not really worried about my jeep but my FIL has a JKU on 35's and a 4" lift. He did poison spider, elephant hill, and TOTW without any issues on the last trip out to Moab.
Kane's Creak over all is pretty easy. You can find some obstacles along the way, but if I remember correctly where we exited required a spotter. I think the last pic is the exit. I was the only one in a 2 door so we had someone at the back. It's been a couple years so that could be from the Steelbender trail. LOL. FYI 3" lift on 35's

1617729905055DSC_2581a.jpg

1617729907299DSC_2337a.jpg

1617729905055DSC_2581a.jpg

We've been once. Did,
Hells
Fins
TOTW
7 Mile Rim
My wife enjoyed 7 Mile Rim the most, and hiked the last section of TOTW as it tossed her around too much.

Since we're on the subject I'll post a newb question. We're planning our first trip to Moab this summer. A buddy of mine is dead set on tackling Pritchett Canyon, aka the hardest trail in Moab. Every video I've ever sat thru tells me that a stock wheelbase TJ doesn't belong on Pritchett Canyon and those that attempt it are in for a LONG day of winching (#TrailPlug).

Can anyone chime in here? I'd like to change my mind and give it a go but my instinct says it's not a good idea.