I wish I had the space, time, and money for a new project (91 Grand Wagoneer in NC)

I'd seriously consider it if college wasn't 6 months away...

So you can't have it during college? I'd reconsider college then. I feel like it was mostly a waste of time and money anyway. It's just a glorified, expensive daycare nowadays. ;)

Those were always on my envy list. I never got one. I did get a 74 full size Cherokee and tried to make it into a Cherokee Chief by dropping in a V-8 and adding fender flares. I loved it and we really enjoyed it the years we had it, it was very capable offroad and perfect for the kids and dogs. It never had the looks of the woody Wagoneers though. Those seem to be very scarce anymore, I suspect a lot of families bought them that lived in snow areas and most probably rusted away.

• Sad
Reactions: Austin O.
I bought my LJ in college. I lied to myself and said it was to replace the car I was driving. I drove it no more than 2 times to college the 3 years I had it....

Make bad decisions.:ROFLMAO:
Hey hey, the TJ is going with me. I think for most people, a car in college really isn’t necessary, but there are things I will be wanting to do multiple times a week that I really need my own transportation for… and on weekends I’m gonna want it too. At least that’s my excuse 😉. When looking at colleges, I actually ruled out some because they don’t allow freshman parking 🤣.
So you can't have it during college? I'd reconsider college then. I feel like it was mostly a waste of time and money anyway. It's just a glorified, expensive daycare nowadays. ;)
It’s crazy expensive. But for what I wanna do as a career, it’s basically necessary. You did just make me think though about how many jeeps I could buy with all the money that’ll be spent on college 🤣.

Reactions: Shank
Hey hey, the TJ is going with me. I think for most people, a car in college really isn’t necessary, but there are things I will be wanting to do multiple times a week that I really need my own transportation for… and on weekends I’m gonna want it too. At least that’s my excuse 😉. When looking at colleges, I actually ruled out some because they don’t allow freshman parking 🤣.

It’s crazy expensive. But for what I wanna do as a career, it’s basically necessary. You did just make me think though about how many jeeps I could buy with all the money that’ll be spent on college 🤣.

where are you going to college? My daughter goes to East Carolina U.

where are you going to college? My daughter goes to East Carolina U.

Unsure. I've applied, waiting for responses. Should know though within the next few weeks! A lot of the places in/around NC. Nothing far. Top choice is VT, NC state next, then Clemson. I want to go into aerospace engineering and dream job is working as an engineer for a defense contractor.

Reactions: cliffish
Unsure. I've applied, waiting for responses. Should know though within the next few weeks! A lot of the places in/around NC. Nothing far. Top choice is VT, NC state next, then Clemson. I want to go into aerospace engineering and dream job is working as an engineer for a defense contractor.

my daughters boyfriend is a aerospace engineering student at UF in FL..wants to work for NASA, tough program.

Reactions: Austin O.
Do not take an Economics course or you will sell your Jeep and buy a Honda or Toyota.

IDK, I took a bunch of econ and was driving a Honda, but still wound up buying a Jeep. Maybe I didn't pay attention... Or maybe I took the same classes as the current administration and just got everything backwards and upside down. 🤪