I won’t be that guy

lovemachine

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
This morning the weather wasn’t too bad, so I went to a car wash and sprayed down my TJ, getting all the salt and winter gunk off.

I didn’t use their soap, not sure what it would do to my Twill Top. But for just using warm water, the TJ looked pretty good.

Anyway, my wife, 1 year old son and I went out to lunch. Subway actually. Which was just “ok”.

I noticed a brand new GMC 2500 Sierra, all black and shining, a $65k truck, park a couple spots away from my TJ. An older gent climbed out, and I watched him rubberneck the Jeep. He actually walked over to it, and looked it over pretty good.
This was about when we were walking out. I was feeling pretty good that a guy driving a $65,000 truck admiring my 13 year old jeep. When he saw us, he just complimented it, and said he wishes he never got rid of the one he had years ago.

On Valentine’s Day, we went out with the in laws. Had dinner at the local restaurant in our small town, they were hosting a V-Day dinner. Anyway, when I went to go pay the bill, the waitress told me that everyday she drives by my work place, and always looks to see if I was still driving my TJ. She had one years ago, and they sold it. She regrets it every day.

I also remember last summer, we were on the interstate with the doors and top off. And this couple past us. I could tell by the look on his face he was jealous of the freedom we were having.

I won’t be that guy that regrets selling a Jeep.

Trust me, everyone who ends up selling their Wrangler will at some point regret it. I think this is why you see so many people come back to the Wrangler in due time.

Great story though!

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Awesome story I live mine and I have had a few compliments on mine.

There’s nothing better then a tj in my opinion there the best vehicles money can buy...and repair lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris