I4 reliability?

Did they just cut up a brand new door skin?

No doors were harmed in the making of this video :) I don't think so. The skin they cut up was stiched which is how they came from the factory. The video was dated 2011 or 2012 so the one they took off would have been at least 5-6 years old.

No doors were harmed in the making of this video :) I don't think so. The skin they cut up was stiched which is how they came from the factory. The video was dated 2011 or 2012 so the one they took off would have been at least 5-6 years old.

The clear window was like new. You should see my windows after a year. lol

I'd pass on the red one only cuz I bought my 99 with 81k miles for $7k. It's a 4 cyl, 5 speed, was in mint condition, no rust, and had all service records. It even included ONE cigarette under the seat. You can do you better than the red one, just keep looking.

As for the 4 cyl, mine has 104k miles on it and the manifold gasket was bad. It sucked cuz the rear most bolt of the exhaust manifold broke off. Now the head has to come off. Other than that no problems with the 4 cyl. It's not as bad on the highway as people make it out to be. I have 31's and no cargo and I can stay in 5th 98% of the time. It's a different story once you start adding heavy accessories and loading it up with cargo.
Around here in central California a $5000 tj is a rust bucket and beat to shit :/ prices are ridiculous here

The dealer ordered it pretty much bare bones. Manual steering, 205/75R15's as it left the factory, 4 cyl, 5-speed, no A/C, steel wheels. Came with steel half-doors so I would assume a rag top. Was shipped to Los Angeles with Cali emmisions.

But those 8 extra gallons of gas though!

That still cracks me up when I see it on build sheets.

Reactions: Chris
Not surprising at all. Welcome to California!
Yep its ridiculous man. Iv been looking for awhile to be honest just recently had cash in hand to get one. I havent seen the prices change anywhere around here in awhile. Every single tj is $7-13k for 97-03 models and 13k-18k(upto $25k) for 03-06 models around here. Its just sad lol.

Reactions: Chris
I just came across a 97 SE 2.5 5 speed with only 90k miles on it with a brand new top and door skins still in the box. Interior looks in great condition drivers seat was re-upholstered already. Leave i think i could get them to go is probably $8800 what yall think? I havent seen a tj around here with under 100k miles in a very long time lol

Reactions: UpperMI
I just came across a 97 SE 2.5 5 speed with only 90k miles on it with a brand new top and door skins still in the box. Interior looks in great condition drivers seat was re-upholstered already. Leave i think i could get them to go is probably $8800 what yall think? I havent seen a tj around here with under 100k miles in a very long time lol

What's the top end of your budget? Even though I already have a 02' sport I check Craigslist a couple times a week For TJs. If I see something in your budget in the Bay Area I'll let you know.

What's the top end of your budget? Even though I already have a 02' sport I check Craigslist a couple times a week For TJs. If I see something in your budget in the Bay Area I'll let you know.
Trying to stay under $9k this one with only 90k miles is very clean to be honest. The interior is in great condition 0 dents or dings. Was painted army green this year which is my biggest concern so far. Owner says not a single spot of rust on this thing hopeing that to hold true.

Here's a pic of both

FB_IMG_1473946623321.jpg
149265f8-e7a1-4c7e-b7aa-031933749f20-153306069.jpg

Go check out the Army green one. If you're okay with the rattle can paint and it's clean everywhere else, it might be a good buy.

Go check out the Army green one. If you're okay with the rattle can paint and it's clean everywhere else, it might be a good buy.
Hey chris from my understanding iv noticed you all prefer autos over manuals for off-roading around here. Iv been passing up a very very clean 98 SE with only 110k miles with the 2.5l engine but its auto. Just how much worse is the auto compared to the manual in all reality. Like iv stated wont see much highway use. 30 miles a month and when i go fishing even tho i take back roads most the time and spend very little time on the high way