I'd like to see your off road light setup

My light bar came with the Jeep (Tomb Raider ed). I installed the Vision X headlights. Some pics I have to show the way they look from the side when on, and from the point where they are aimed.

20200113_172421.jpg

20200113_172531.jpg

20200114_193652.jpg

Reactions: Tranz Zam
Reactions: Ephry73
I wish my lights were round instead of square. But I like the small form factor of the square pods vs the larger round ones I have seen. I haven't seen a four LED light that is in a round housing, but I must admit that I haven't looked very hard.

I put some flush mounted LEDs in the rear bumper of my Titan XD for when I need to hook up trailers in the dark hours. Had to cut square holes with a saw. I have always suspected that if one of the manufacturers of these flush mounted lights would make small round flush mounts, so you could cut holes with a hole saw and drill, they would make a killing!

Reactions: Ephry73
I wish my lights were round instead of square. But I like the small form factor of the square pods vs the larger round ones I have seen. I haven't seen a four LED light that is in a round housing, but I must admit that I haven't looked very hard.

I put some flush mounted LEDs in the rear bumper of my Titan XD for when I need to hook up trailers in the dark hours. Had to cut square holes with a saw. I have always suspected that if one of the manufacturers of these flush mounted lights would make small round flush mounts, so you could cut holes with a hole saw and drill, they would make a killing!

they're out there, but yeah the square ones are MUCH more common.

as you can see in my avatar pic i run the same driving lights i have however moved them from the winch guard to stock fog position
Those look pretty interesting and simple. I used the fairlead light adapter for mine in front of the winch and it works well. I am looking to install my wide 40 KC lights on the outer side of the bumper and this will save me from drilling it

Those look pretty interesting and simple. I used the fairlead light adapter for mine in front of the winch and it works well. I am looking to install my wide 40 KC lights on the outer side of the bumper and this will save me from drilling it
they are the stock mounting hardware that came on them they are the 500 55w as well
when i moved them to stock fog location i broke the rusted old bolts so i made my own with stainless thread all and stainless nuts and washers worked great. they are also wired to come on with high beams or switch on separately
and yes wired properly with resistors and fuses;)

they are the stock mounting hardware that came on them they are the 500 55w as well
when i moved them to stock fog location i broke the rusted old bolts so i made my own with stainless thread all and stainless nuts and washers worked great. they are also wired to come on with high beams or switch on separately
and yes wired properly with resistors and fuses;)
Oh I meant the Savvy mounts. Your lights are cool too ;)

Reactions: 04solartj
I tried LEDs, but I simply couldn't see very well with them. So I went with Old School halogen lights.
Hella E-Code headlights, 100/ 80 bulbs. Upgraded wiring harness.
Hella 550 fog lights.
Two sets of Rampage driving lights, 55 watts each.
Each set of lights can be switched on independently, or with the highbeams. Additionally, one switch operates the outer driving lights, a second operates both sets.
006 (2).JPG

I might be the only person who thinks LEDs just don't look right on a TJ. 😬

I've got a set of KC Hilites 6" Apollo Fog Lamps for the grill guard and Long-Range Lamps for the windshield.
I think I might go the same direction, maybe driving pattern for my grill guard but not sure

Trucklites, KC Pro Sport Gravity spot beam on pillars and KC Pro Sport Gravity driving lights on bumper. The second pic was while adjusting them, Idk if I have a pic since fine tuning the adjustment.

20190702-171636.jpg

20190424-221747.jpg

I'm pleased with the output

Yup, I'm old school too. Daylighters on the windshield, Slimlites on the bumper. Also upgraded the headlights.

View attachment 175410
That's me on the A pillar plus 3 up front and 2 6" kC driving lights with open covers and my 06 has the skin crawler bumper with 3 round 3.5 inch led and two 4" driving lights ...very effective. I'm adding interior tiny LEDs to light the switch bank unless I get a brainstorm for another way.

i use my rear auxiliary lights too.

@Hog might help me with some pics of mine because he's my buddy.