Montana TJ Unlimited parts magnet

• Thread starter Cross-Threaded-06TJ
  • Start date
Welded some control arm skid plates on. And bolted the TMR steering box plate on.
20210313_155642.jpg
20210313_155648.jpg
20210313_155652.jpg
20210313_174938.jpg
20210313_174942.jpg
20210313_174946.jpg

Well dudes, 38 is the age when you get tired of listening to the banks "monster" muffler on the flat buzzy Jeep 4.0L. I ordered a Walker "quiet flow SS" from amazon to replace the banks. I've ran the banks for a year. The drone in my right ear has exceeded maximum value limits and it must go.

I also tossed some white new balance shoes in my cart and some "Jorts" on amazon. So I can head to all the car shows super early Saturday mornings and say "wow, would you look at that." "back in my younger years I had one too."

My brown truck is loud and throaty and I'm cool with that, The 4.0L not as much anymore. I can't do it, I can't do it.

balance-white-dad-sale-up-to-73-discounts-50751233.png

Well dudes, 38 is the age when you get tired of listening to the banks "monster" muffler on the flat buzzy Jeep 4.0L. I ordered a Walker "quiet flow SS" from amazon to replace the banks. I've ran the banks for a year. The drone in my right ear has exceeded maximum value limits and it must go.

I also tossed some white new balance shoes in my cart and some "Jorts" on amazon. So I can head to all the car shows super early Saturday mornings and say "wow, would you look at that." "back in my younger years I had one too."

My brown truck is loud and throaty and I'm cool with that, The 4.0L not as much anymore. I can't do it, I can't do it.

View attachment 234818
At age 54 I installed my Banks Monster, but that's because I actually am an old guy and my hearing is bad, so I need a loud exhaust just to remind me to turn the engine off when I park it.

At age 54 I installed my Banks Monster, but that's because I actually am an old guy and my hearing is bad, so I need a loud exhaust just to remind me to turn the engine off when I park it.
I hear you.....;)

Also one time when I was fishing down by the river my Third Cat under the skid plate fell out into the water and I lost it. So I have been running a "test pipe" welded there. And that made it even louder.....So I need the quiet muffler now. Cats muffle noise quite a bit.

I honestly do have the cats at the engine and they are functional. I care about the environment.

If you ever want to drop MPFI onto the CJ5 let me know. I've got a YJ 4.0 head plus all the wiring & PCM. I'd bought all these parts to add FI to my ex's CJ5 but she left before I got the chance. The only thing it needs is a 4.0 exhaust manifold.

If you ever want to drop MPFI onto the CJ5 let me know. I've got a YJ 4.0 head plus all the wiring & PCM. I'd bought all these parts to add FI to my ex's CJ5 but she left before I got the chance. The only thing it needs is a 4.0 exhaust manifold.
How much would you want for it? You can pm the price if you want.

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
How much would you want for it? You can pm the price if you want.

I just want to get rid of it. If you want it come get it and it's yours. I even have the fuel lines. And I can point you to some threads on JeepForum about doing this swap if you need them.

It might take me a while but I'll message you about it if/when incould make it over that way! I would want it though! Thanks!

No worries, I've tried to sell the stuff and never got any bits. So it's just sitting in my shed taking up room. Do you know about what needs to be done to do this swap?

No worries, I've tried to sell the stuff and never got any bits. So it's just sitting in my shed taking up room. Do you know about what needs to be done to do this swap?
I think so. It's the 4.0l head, intake, exhaust, and distributor. Not sure what else? And a higher pressure fuel pump than my tbi

Reactions: Wildman
I think so. It's the 4.0l head, intake, exhaust, and distributor. Not sure what else? And a higher pressure fuel pump than my tbi

The 4.0 head is a little wider than the 4.2 so the water jackets hang over the edge. You take packing peanuts and stuff them into the water jackets then use JB Weld and block of those outside water jackets. Once it sets up you smooth off the JB Weld and then you can install it onto the 4.2 block.

I had the stock exhaust manifold but ended up giving it to my son when the XJ I'd bought him cracked.

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
The 4.0 head is a little wider than the 4.2 so the water jackets hang over the edge. You take packing peanuts and stuff them into the water jackets then use JB Weld and block of those outside water jackets. Once it sets up you smooth off the JB Weld and then you can install it onto the 4.2 block.

I had the stock exhaust manifold but ended up giving it to my son when the XJ I'd bought him cracked.
Cool. Well I would be interested. I'm changing jobs and my schedule will have more days off. At some point I may be able to hit up spokane and then over to you to get that.

Cool. Well I would be interested. I'm changing jobs and my schedule will have more days off. At some point I may be able to hit up spokane and then over to you to get that.

If I end up coming to the Spokane area I'll let you know. Have to come to the VA there now and then.

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
If I end up coming to the Spokane area I'll let you know. Have to come to the VA there now and then.
Sounds good. That would make it easier for me also! That swap seems like a good one. The TBI is "ok". But that would be even better.