Montana TJ Unlimited parts magnet

• Thread starter Cross-Threaded-06TJ
  • Start date
Sweet Jeebus.
The banks muffler is good, and I remember installing one on my sister's 2003 TJ 4.0l a long time ago and it wasn't too loud at all, but it had the 3rd cat. And hers was a hard top.

Mine was crazy loud. No 3rd cat, soft top. This quiet flow is smooth and stock sounding.

Reactions: DuncLJ
Last weekend my 77 mother drove over from the other side of Idaho, across hwy 12 "the wilderness of no return" for a visit. In her 2018 JLU naturally.

We went out for a light snow wheel and some shooting. Pretty good for a 77 year old lady. She even was able climb in and out of the Jeep.

But I ordered the trail step from Rockhard 4x4 afterword, so that next time she can get in easier.

Didn't snap any Jeep pics, but the snow was still good up high.

For those who care, that's my moms Walther PPK .380 she bought from my father in the early 1970's when he had an FFL and was a Sheriff's deputy.

20210327_100419.jpg

Had an issue with my speedometer gears wearing out with my AA SYE. Yes I followed the instructions of how to drop it in. It still Apple cored the gear withing a short time.

What to do? Order the super slip yoke eliminator of course. Now I have to send my shaft back to Tom woods for lengthening. Might as well send the front too.

20211022_092821.jpg
20211022_104026.jpg
20211022_104034.jpg
20211022_172513.jpg
20211022_180942.jpg
IMG_20211022_181934_793.jpg
20211022_174358.jpg

Had an issue with my speedometer gears wearing out with my AA SYE. Yes I followed the instructions of how to drop it in. It still Apple cored the gear withing a short time.

What to do? Order the super slip yoke eliminator of course. Now I have to send my shaft back to Tom woods for lengthening. Might as well send the front too.

View attachment 285781View attachment 285782View attachment 285783View attachment 285784View attachment 285785View attachment 285786View attachment 285787
The Right Stuff is the only stuff. Looks clean under there. Super nice. Hope this works.

The Right Stuff is the only stuff. Looks clean under there. Super nice. Hope this works.
Thanks JMT. I did order the speedometer healer also. Just incase I need to dial it in further.

I didn't have any vibration issues, just the speedometer gears. And the plastic chunks had already started blocking part of the oil pump screen. So, glad I did this when I did.

I read a few other threads on here when people had issues with the 41 and 42 tooth plastic speedometer gears stripping out also. Guess I'm another person.

I tried like crazy to drop it on exactly how the AA instructions state, still didn't work. Ruined three, 41$ driven gears and 2, 20$ drive gears before giving up.

And going pure digital.

View attachment 285781View attachment 285782View attachment 285783View attachment 285784View attachment 285785View attachment 285786View attachment 285787
I had the same problem with my speedo gear. Went through 2 if them, and must have installed/test drove/removed/reinstalled at least 5 different times before it worked. It's been working for a couple weeks. We'll see.
If it strips, I'll have to do what you're doing. 🍻

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
I had the same problem with my speedo gear. Went through 2 if them, and must have installed/test drove/removed/reinstalled at least 5 different times before it worked. It's been working for a couple weeks. We'll see.
If it strips, I'll have to do what you're doing. 🍻
If mine works out well I'll post up of course. If you keep having issues I wouldn't stall too long. The plastic chunks from the failing gears can block the oil pump inlet screen. And possibly cause damage if left that way too long.

I went with the teraflex super slip yoke kit. Jb conversions was out stock, everywhere. And the Teraflex was low stock also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a while.

Frameless top installed.
FullSizeR(3).jpg

20220731_151656.jpg

Also, I ordered some transmission small parts for the valve body and shifting. Might even post more install pics. We all like pics.

I have a few other parts to throw at this thing too. Nothing too cool tho.

Here's the windshield folded down. Who does that....

20220711_115237.jpg