Montana TJ Unlimited parts magnet

• Thread starter Cross-Threaded-06TJ
  • Start date
Supposedly my rear axle housing will be here on Friday. I hope it is as advertised. And I talked to the owner of Carbon Off Road and my shafts may ship Friday or early next week.

Nice guy to talk to, he had sad news about an employee family member and they were a little behind til the end of this week.

My Jeep is down for the count for a while. And Lewiston literally got crapped on with snow bad, which this town is not set up for. This whole week has been terrible. I'm used to snow, I moved here from Montana, but this place is so low in elevation it never sticks, not often at least. And this time it stuck pretty well.

I have 3 rigs, and not a one is mobile currently, I suck. Well , I would never drive my CJ5 in any of that shit they spray on the road...but you get the point. It also needs to have the wiring harness and EFI computer put back in and I haven't gotten to it yet.

I know the feeling. Driving my dually in the snow just isn't as much fun as the Jeep.

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
That's my hope. I could find one photo online of a dark blue TJ with White spokes. So, it's not popular. I'm thinking it will be cool. There's a million black spoke wheels out there. The white will show dirt quickly, but I wash my rig all the time at work for free at the end of the day.

Between being able to fold down my windshield, running an 8274, white spokes, and a potential Roll bar change I should have a Scrambler wanna be this summer!
I have a half cab soft too and tonneau if you want to complete the package.

Worth getting off the shelf in the shop. Just remembered too that the tonneau won’t work for the LJ. The cab portion will though.
I could always make it work, if the price is right. It's only a little fabric and some self tappers run into my Jeep, 30-40 screws would hold.

1613669981854.jpeg

😂 I’m sure I’ll need assistance with oh say a motor swap so next time you’re over I’ll send it home with you.
Nice! What color is it?

I would trade for Engine install assistance. And possible Transmission assistance if that works out at some point.

I wouldn't mind the smaller cab to heat/cool. And ease of removal/install.

It also has the little panel that goes to the floor behind the front seats to keep the air from coming forward.
excellent. I'm not sure what i do about the door surrounds with that model of top, but I know I could work around it. Or back date it. Unless the top has door surrounds?

I believe those half cabs were only for up to 2002?

Never mind, my current door surrounds work. I researched and the only reason Bestop said they don't fit 2003 and newer TJ's is the roll bar padding is too thick and they wanted to avoid lawsuits. I will just make that sucker fit. I guess they stopped making them cause they were not popular. Perfect for me then.

It worked with my Bestop surrounds so you should be fine with those. Be stop shows 97-06 so you should be good. If not I can weld some loops on your body work to complete the couple hundred snaps look.

• Haha
Man, you are a busy guy with all these projects. That truck is an animal.

Curious? Will you ever do a motor swap (8 Cyl of some sort or anything) in the LJ?

I see you put a new reman 4.0 in it last year but with the way your builds escalate I was waiting to find motor swap plans in this thread haha.

Or maybe you like the 4.0 for this application , and that's perfectly okay .

Man, you are a busy guy with all these projects. That truck is an animal.

Curious? Will you ever do a motor swap (8 Cyl of some sort or anything) in the LJ?

I see you put a new reman 4.0 in it last year but with the way your builds escalate I was waiting to find motor swap plans in this thread haha.

Or maybe you like the 4.0 for this application , and that's perfectly okay .
Thank you. The 4.0 will stay for a bit. I do have a 2012 all aluminum 5.3 core to build if I ever felt like it.

My transmission and Rubicrawler would not be able to be retained behind a 5.3. But could be sold easily.

This Jeep moves around quite well with just the 4.0. And I would not be able to just install a "regular" 5.3 and would probably be a good way to get killed if I had a bunch of HP in my Jeep.

Still may do it someday.

Reactions: DuncLJ and Wildman