Montana TJ Unlimited parts magnet

• Thread starter Cross-Threaded-06TJ
  • Start date
Love it. I’ve been low key looking for a square for a while, they aren’t getting cheaper or easy to find. 😟
I bought this one last August, 2500$ all stock and hammered with cab rust.

I started with just the lift kit and 35's, which is BDS 4" with fox 2.0 shocks. Then, I found a Dana 60 on Craigslist. Then the clutch blew up, and I figured while it was out you know freshen the trans. And while the T case is out you know.....oh shit the engine was leaking real bad so cam, intake, headers, EFI.....

Then I figured why not lift the TJ, and I figured why not buy a 14 bolt to start my 1 tons for the chevy for real. Soooo, one uncontrollable downhill snowball of parts and time and stuff and here I am. Still not done, but closer all the time.

These are my only 2 rigs BTW, so being old and paid for helps with buying parts.

• Love
Reactions: JMT and Rick Flair
I bought this one last August, 2500$ all stock and hammered with cab rust.

I started with just the lift kit and 35's, which is BDS 4" with fox 2.0 shocks. Then, I found a Dana 60 on Craigslist. Then the clutch blew up, and I figured while it was out you know freshen the trans. And while the T case is out you know.....oh shit the engine was leaking real bad so cam, intake, headers, EFI.....

Then I figured why not lift the TJ, and I figured why not buy a 14 bolt to start my 1 tons for the chevy for real. Soooo, one uncontrollable downhill snowball of parts and time and stuff and here I am. Still not done, but closer all the time.

These are my only 2 rigs BTW, so being old and paid for helps with buying parts.

If I wasn’t married with kids....we would be living parallel lives.

Sounds like my projects. Lol!

• Haha
Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
If I wasn’t married with kids....we would be living parallel lives.

Sounds like my projects. Lol!

I'm fortunate my GF is supportive of my hobby. She is also extremely successful herself business wise, and has nice vehicles of her own. She doesn't buy me truck parts, unfortunately. But doesn't mind my hobby.

Her daughter is 20 and in college and quite smart. I have Been married before but no kids. May get married again never know! I do know my girl is a good one!

• Love
Reactions: Rick Flair
I'm fortunate my GF is supportive of my hobby. She is also extremely successful herself business wise, and has nice vehicles of her own. She doesn't buy me truck parts, unfortunately. But doesn't mind my hobby.

Her daughter is 20 and in college and quite smart. I have Been married before but no kids. May get married again never know! I do know my girl is a good one!

That’s awesome man. My wife supports it as well, and I built some nice rigs before and when the kids were little.

Now it’s sports and kids aren’t cheap (3 boys) but I love it.

hold on to her! It’s hard to find great ones at our age. 👍😉

Very nice build. I have replaced my exhaust with the same setup you have. I replaced my cats with a stainless one from Pacesetter though instead of the Flowmaster. I like it as well. It is fairly loud when I am using the skinny pedal a lot, but quiets right down when I am cruising around. I used to live in Idaho and miss it everyday. Keep up the good work!

Went out today. Winch works. Been quiet lately. I lost my Dad a few weeks ago. He is the only reason I'm into Jeeps. Real Jeeps. He always said, the TJ is the last Jeep to actually look like a Jeep. And he was right.
20200704_104902.jpg
20200704_111739.jpg
20200704_111757.jpg
20200704_111701.jpg

Your rig looks great. My condolences for your dad. It's cool the impact he made to you about your Jeep.
Your winch should be able to pull you out of just about anything. 🍻

Non LJ build news for my thread and those still reading.

I inherited my fathers 1974 CJ5 that he and I restored 11 years ago after his passing in June. I may post some progress with it in my build thread as long as Chris doesn't mind. This is a pretty cool Jeep. 4.2L 258 which I installed Howell EFI on. Dana 30/44 factory 4.27 gears. T18 4 spd, and Dana 20 T-case with JB fab twin stick. Manual steering and brakes. 4 wheel Drums. No lift kits or big tires. Warn 8274 on the front. Warn factory locking hubs. Dakota Digital gauges in stock locations. 150 amp power-master alternator.

I did order a set of tires for it from Coker tire, a tire not common to TJF. The Super traxion in 7.00-15, they are not here yet. I will be adding a different "roll-bar". I built him that roll-bar years ago and we both weren't huge fans of it. It is DOM at least. I will be adding a powertrax Grip pro to the front dana 30 to match the rear Posi-trac I put in 11 years ago. This Jeep doesn't need lockers and I have two other rigs locked at both ends.

I also just yesterday purchased my own and first car trailer. Flat towing the little CJ actually works well. But a trailer is better. And now I have 3 rigs that would be better off towed long distances. The LJ, the 79 squarebody chevy, and the 74 CJ5. All low geared and not super highway awesome. Found a home for my leftover harbor freight winch also. Hope it can handle rare use on the trailer towing anything dead up onto it...... :p

315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

20200830_131150.jpg
20200830_131127.jpg
20200909_120012.jpg
IMG_2561.JPG

20200909_120029.jpg

IMG_2565.JPG

Installed the powertrax grip pro gear drive limited slip in the CJ front axle. New ball joints and axle u joints. Can't wait for the skinny tires. So the CJ is limited slip front and rear.

I will get back to TJ stuff, but figured some might like the CJ side quest cool stuff.

20200912_101503.jpg
20200912_114318.jpg
20200912_114505.jpg
20200912_134845.jpg
20200912_165456.jpg
20200912_114237.jpg
20200912_101733.jpg
20200912_135300.jpg
20200912_104438.jpg

Installed The Super Traxion's at lunch today. Straight from the 70's. Very popular with the ladies I was told. A splash of cologne and some Super Traxion's on your Jeep and you may get lucky.

7.00-15 Bias Ply's. :p Pretty close to what it came with stock, a pinch taller.

They balanced with minimal weight and were glass smooth up to 55 mph at lunch. 55 mph with that window down too. :cool:

20200917_124614.jpg
20200917_124625.jpg

20200917_124634.jpg

20200917_124642.jpg

More better bolt on parts ordered.....

Currie 4" coils F/R with the LJ rears.

Currie Front track Bar. Will replace my Rusty's.

1.25" Savvy body lift to replace my Daystar. I saved my OEM rubber mounts.

Reactions: DuncLJ
Even more Jeep parts ordered. Bored AF at work in between Jobs. So one way to perk a guy up is to spend Money on the old wrangler.

UCF Aluminum front bumper Frame width.
MORyde gate/hinge kit for tire.
Minimalist rear bumper cover, w ring mounts.
2 piece Bestop soft doors.
MCE 3" fenders Front and rear.
MCE led 3 wire 3/4".
JK front turn signals.

Glad to be eliminating the smittybilt rear carrier. I hate it. I debated between the 3" and 4.5" MCE's. 3" it is. I've had the 2 piece soft doors before on my YJ. I ran them all year on that thing, Idaho/Montana winters too. They worked fine for me. We will see if quality has slipped. The price hasn't. Naturally pics will be added for those who are standing by watching me pioneer these installs ;).

I will using Jerry Bransfords JK signal install advice from his old red TJ install I saw many moons ago. Notching the the grille and signal.

Even more Jeep parts ordered. Bored AF at work in between Jobs. So one way to perk a guy up is to spend Money on the old wrangler.

UCF Aluminum front bumper Frame width.
MORyde gate/hinge kit for tire.
Minimalist rear bumper cover, w ring mounts.
2 piece Bestop soft doors.
MCE 3" fenders Front and rear.
MCE led 3 wire 3/4".
JK front turn signals.

Glad to be eliminating the smittybilt rear carrier. I hate it. I debated between the 3" and 4.5" MCE's. 3" it is. I've had the 2 piece soft doors before on my YJ. I ran them all year on that thing, Idaho/Montana winters too. They worked fine for me. We will see if quality has slipped. The price hasn't. Naturally pics will be added for those who are standing by watching me pioneer these installs ;).

I will using Jerry Bransfords JK signal install advice from his old red TJ install I saw many moons ago. Notching the the grille and signal.
Nice haul dude, nothing cures worktime boredom better than shopping for Jeep parts.