If I could buy this from the dealer I would

Unfortunately, V8 does not fit in the TJ :argue:
I bought a complete 5.3 for mine a few months ago to swap in.
Ive even seen an LSX block with a big turbo on it in a factory TJ engine bay
It does require a little bit of custom work but you can sell your factory engine and harness to make up a lot of cost. All TJ’s:babeando:
5432E733-8CC3-4F52-B54D-71E85F5AA30A.jpeg
C9F516FB-3713-40BB-AA59-7FC68ABC0280.jpeg
16C7415D-2118-45F8-8543-5B915CA7F796.jpeg
51DF35A3-AC65-4216-996C-47C2F92329FA.jpeg

Wasnt trying to come off as rude. If I did, I apologize. Brightside, the TJ is V8 swappable, so if you really have the dream of having a V8 TJ you can make it a reality.
They use the factory transmission so the big unknown is how the conversion from engine to tranny is done
Not to mention how they marry-up the sensors n gauges to work right, that has to n a nightmare

Reactions: Fouledplugs
They use the factory transmission so the big unknown is how the conversion from engine to tranny is done
Not to mention how they marry-up the sensors n gauges to work right, that has to n a nightmare
Nothing wrong with running factory GM harnesses. GM performance builds harneses and ECU for swapped cars and trucks. Pretty cool to see GM supporting GM engine swaps in almost anything out there. If you run a GM engine and use the GM harness and ECU you dont need the Jeep ECU in theory.

Novak also has support so you can use your guages if you desire.
https://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/electronics/tj-xj-crank-position-tach-emulator/

Parts and support like this makes it a lot more less of a headache.

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58 and KCsTJ
There's a guy up here who crammed a hemi in a tj engine bay, it's quite doable. The only thing that may not fit is a coyote 5.0, those things are big.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.