If not Idaho how about Douglas WY?

Decided I'm not going to take the back seat with me to give me more room to pack things. Going to leave the back seat in my room at my folks house. Surprised how much extra space that gave me - I might be able to take my TV with me now.

Reactions: qslim and tworley
Tomorrow is my final day, but today was the last day I worked at the physical library.

Tomorrow I'll be heading off to Wyoming around 8am.

49960755783_5ce072d0f6_b.jpg

Currently in North Platte, NE. Going to make the final part of the trip to Douglas tomorrow morning around 8. Should get in around 2pm at the latest including pit stops.

Congrats, man! That's awesome!

I am, however, confused by the Washington state signage. Did I miss something about you being in Washington?
I worked for Washington State Community College. It's in Washington County, Ohio. :)

Reactions: Squatch
Made it in this morning in one piece!

Moved in and all unpacked. Meet up with my supervisor tomorrow.

Before I came out here, I was super excited - but one thing I underestimated was how much I'd miss my little brother.

IMG_3193.jpg

Made it in this morning in one piece!

Moved in and all unpacked. Meet up with my supervisor tomorrow.

Before I came out here, I was super excited - but one thing I underestimated was how much I'd miss my little brother.

View attachment 167494

That's great, but also not great. I personally think it takes leaving & uprooting yourself to really understand what's important to you - at least it did for me. Congrats on the move.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Sorry I've not posted more, but on Friday/Saturday, I appear to have picked up the mother of sinus infections or something. My throat has been so sore I can't swallow, that lump sensation was so bad that I was gagging when trying to talk, throat was swollen...

Bad enough I took myself to the hospital around midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning (only because they were the only option available). Doc said it could be a bacterial infection due to the new climate and the like. Gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. Also taking Claritin generic to help with the waterfall post nasal drip. Been pretty ugly the last few days.

Told my supervisor and he talked with the head Ranger and just to be safe, I'm not going in today. I believe I'll be doing some of my onboarding stuff from home instead. He's currently checking to see what all we can do.

Hopefully this'll clear up in a few days and we can get at it - first couple weeks were going to be familiarization stuff anyway, so I'm not really missing anything because of this. They're prioritizing telework anyway, so there are only a few people at the station anyway.
I'll keep you folks posted!

UPDATE: Good news is I got a note from a doctor saying I'm not contagious, so I can actually go into work tomorrow. Hooray!

What are you initial thoughts on the Jackelope county?

First was surprised by the Interstate speeds! lol 80mph is fast when I'm used to 70mph. Poor ole Jeep isn't built for that kind of sustained speed!

Next was that it is gorgeous. Such expansive vistas everywhere! Driving into Douglas and then out to Casper have some stunning views which I can only imagine get better in winter (accumulation not-withstanding lol).

Was also surprised by how many closure points there are for the Interstates! Really drives home how bad it can get up here.

It's rained more than I expected - I think it's rained every day I've been here (nothing really hard, but make everything damp. Apparently Laramie had 8" of snow the other day!

Finally, the wind is something else! First storm that came through I thought I'd sit by the open door and watch it. NOPE. That wind was hard enough I could barely close the door! And it was blowing all sorts of particulates and shit into the apartment. lol

Reactions: tworley