• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

If you’re in the market for tools...

BoldlyGoing

TJ Enthusiast
I was just in Home Depot- they’ve got almost all their mechanics tools on clearance.

These aren’t like extra super-duper heirloom quality pieces, but for something to keep in the Jeep that you won’t sweat losing on the trail, they’re probably worth it.

I picked up a set of metric and SAE box end wrenches for $20 each, and a new speedy lug wrench w/4 sockets for $14.

Boinked

TJ Addict
I was just in Home Depot- they’ve got almost all their mechanics tools on clearance.

These aren’t like extra super-duper heirloom quality pieces, but for something to keep in the Jeep that you won’t sweat losing on the trail, they’re probably worth it.

I picked up a set of metric and SAE box end wrenches for $20 each, and a new speedy lug wrench w/4 sockets for $14.
I have been in the process of switching all my tools over to husky. As my craftsman break.
Now that craftsman is cheep Chinese crap!!!!!!!!!!.
I have found that Husky tools are strong enough for normal people. Its not snap on. But then again I don't need a 2nd mortgage to by one socket.
I can't comment on the warranty because I have not broken anything (going on 2 years)

OP
BoldlyGoing

BoldlyGoing

TJ Enthusiast
I have been in the process of switching all my tools over to husky. As my craftsman break.
Now that craftsman is cheep Chinese crap!!!!!!!!!!.
I have found that Husky tools are strong enough for normal people. Its not snap on. But then again I don't need a 2nd mortgage to by one socket.
I can't comment on the warranty because I have not broken anything (going on 2 years)
I seem to lose them faster than break them.

I swear my garage eats sockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rasband

Boinked

TJ Addict

You are preaching to the choir. I can lose a tool without moving. (At home)
It is amazing that at work where every tool is marked and must be accounted for at the end of shift. I don't have a problem and never misplace things. (Knock on wood)

05 Blue Unlimited

TJ Addict
Ride of the Month Winner
2x on a Score at HD. 30 piece ratcheting combo wrench set for 50 AND 92 piece combo 1/4 & 3/8 SAE and Metric for 50.

You gotta love after Christmas overstock sales.

Kathy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner

I swore Dave’s tools were being eaten also. He says that he’s never had a problem with missing tools before I came around. I just ignore him or become slightly offended. Then , when he was fixing my sons jeep, he found his socket in my sons Jeep from when my son got a flat one night and I went to help him and brought along Dave’s socket set, jack, and other tools. Oops! Busted, red handed. He sent me a picture to verify it.
So now he has set me up with my own sets and tools so I don’t need to use his. I guess that is positive reinforcement if I’ve ever seen it, huh?
51C5239E-5C0B-4016-9BF8-23A4611F9A14.jpeg

Boinked

TJ Addict
I swore Dave’s tools were being eaten also. He says that he’s never had a problem with missing tools before I came around. I just ignore him or become slightly offended. Then , when he was fixing my sons jeep, he found his socket in my sons Jeep from when my son got a flat one night and I went to help him and brought along Dave’s socket set, jack, and other tools. Oops! Busted, red handed. He sent me a picture to verify it.
So now he has set me up with my own sets and tools so I don’t need to use his. I guess that is positive reinforcement if I’ve ever seen it, huh?
View attachment 70864
You know I did the same thing with my wife. She has her tools and i have mine. It works out for the best.

Kathy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
You know I did the same thing with my wife. She has her tools and i have mine. It works out for the best.
Yes, I think it will. But of course, he still has way more tools than me and I always seem to need something that I don’t have yet :). Dave bought his co workers tool boxes when he retired, so now I got Dave’s tool box so I have a place to start acquiring new tools. I may hand to take a run to Home Depot! I need a reliable torx wrench.

RussTJ

TJ Enthusiast
View attachment 70864
Last year I was missing my two 25' tape measures from the garage. I asked my son & son in law and no one had seen them. I went out and picked up a couple at Home Depot and then naturally the originals reappeared. I now have four. Things could be worse.

Kathy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Last year I was missing my two 25' tape measures from the garage. I asked my son & son in law and no one had seen them. I went out and picked up a couple at Home Depot and then naturally the originals reappeared. I now have four. Things could be worse.
We have an abundance of tape measures, but never can find a single one when we need to measure something. It’s funny how that happens.

Boinked

TJ Addict
We have an abundance of tape measures, but never can find a single one when we need to measure something. It’s funny how that happens.
I bought 10 from IKEA. In the 99 cent bin. I can never find them.

Reactions: Kathy