If you can't afford a winch get a "BOG OUT"

Arrcee

2004 4.0l Auto. Tell my son I want my Jeep back
Supporting Member
bogout-4-tonne-single.jpg
Hi all,
I recently purchased one of these little beauties. It's an Aussie invention and works well. Comes in a bag about 1/2 the size of a normal backpack. Check it out. Regards, Rob.

I have used MaxTrax since they appeared on the market here. They can be useful, but not doing the same job as the bog out.

I mean you can buy two of them to eliminate the need for a locker but that seems to be getting expensive enough where you could just pay 100 more for some winch.

Reactions: AMS417
A winch and a snatch block any day over this rope ladder. Looks like thin nylon too. Maybe it works great, I still don’t want one.

This Aussie invention appears to be intended for quickly getting tires out of small mud holes or back up on top of soft sand regardless of the specific vehicle involved. Also, not everyone has or even wants a winch.

Its just another arrow for the quiver. If you have enough different arrows already you probably won't be interested in this one, but for someone who only occasionally offroads and who tries to avoid trouble rather than seek it this sort of thing might be a useful tool.

Hell, back in the day I used to throw a few leftover asphalt shingles in the back of my CJ to use as traction mats. They worked okay but best of all they were free - and more useful in the soft sand of the Pismo or Glamis dunes and the Baja beaches than my winch.