If you could have any secondary vehicle what would you pick?

A pruis... cuz im tired of paying for gas every 210 miles.

Starting to consider a motorcycle for daily commute. Indian motorcycle..

scout-bobber-bronze-smoke.jpg

I have a 2013 Civic sedan and 2018 GMC Terrain.

Thinking of getting rid of the GMC and buying a 2018 Silverado when the 2019s are out. I've already got quoted on one 32k down from 44k for a brand new truck that can tow my jeep and carry my family with better mpg and comfort. I hope the discounts get better.

I have two little ones plus a dog so I need all the space I can get when we go camping or take long road trips.

Couldn't agree more. if I could get a Tesla, that would be my top pick, hands down. a close second would be a miata

I used to own a Miata. Those are excellent cars, just not practical anymore for me with a family.

The Tesla would make a great family car and get great fuel economy to top it off. Of course that's so far out of my price range it's insane.

Reactions: Alex01 and 2006TJ1
I used to own a Miata. Those are excellent cars, just not practical anymore for me with a family.

The Tesla would make a great family car and get great fuel economy to top it off. Of course that's so far out of my price range it's insane.
I can’t get into those for some reason. They haven’t grown on me like I thought they would. I haven’t seen a Miata in years haha

I can’t get into those for some reason. They haven’t grown on me like I thought they would. I haven’t seen a Miata in years haha

I'm not into them for the looks. I'm into them for the electric aspect, and the never having to fill up my tank with fuel.

Trust me, if you ever have a family, you'll get it, I promise.

As far as sports cars go, the Miata is probably one of the most fun little sports cars you'll ever drive. There's a reason those things are so beloved among enthusiasts.

Reactions: Starrs
I would have exactly the one I have, a Crosstrek - 33mpg, affordable, reliable, huge inside so great utility-wise, unstoppable under the worst imaginable winter road conditions, safe, comfortable, & fun as hell to drive on twisty roads. It is truly the perfect mileage sponge & allows my TJ to remain hidden & dry in the garage thus nearly ageless (rot-wise).

I burn about a 1/2 tank of gas per week, depending on price that's still less than twenty bucks. There's often someone at the next pump pumping $70 into his/her (name that pickup or SUV...) & I can't help but laugh thinking most of the time they're just driving back & forth to the office like me :rolleyes:

Subaru 4.JPG

If Subaru disappeared tomorrow I suppose I'd grab another Accord or Civic, not nearly as fun or utilitarian as the Subie but they certainly hit all the other marks better than any other vehicle I've ever owned.

I have a 2013 Civic sedan and 2018 GMC Terrain.

Thinking of getting rid of the GMC and buying a 2018 Silverado when the 2019s are out. I've already got quoted on one 32k down from 44k for a brand new truck that can tow my jeep and carry my family with better mpg and comfort. I hope the discounts get better.

I have two little ones plus a dog so I need all the space I can get when we go camping or take long road trips.

This would be my choice as well, some form of pickup that I could tow the LJ with. Silverado, F150, Tundra, Ram. Something along those lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: R0dr0c and Starrs
I have a truck and a Jeep, I've always wanted a 67-69 Camaro, but the new ones are just awesome. I'd stick to the 2010-2013 body style, but it would have to be a ZL1 Camaro. Video is for fun, I showed my wife this video when I was looking for one, she said she has never seen me smile/grin like that ever before.

I would have exactly the one I have, a Crosstrek - 33mpg, affordable, reliable, huge inside so great utility-wise, unstoppable under the worst imaginable winter road conditions, safe, comfortable, & fun as hell to drive on twisty roads. It is truly the perfect mileage sponge & allows my TJ to remain hidden & dry in the garage thus nearly ageless (rot-wise).

I burn about a 1/2 tank of gas per week, depending on price that's still less than twenty bucks. There's often someone at the next pump pumping $70 into his/her (name that pickup or SUV...) & I can't help but laugh thinking most of the time they're just driving back & forth to the office like me :rolleyes:

View attachment 46625

If Subaru disappeared tomorrow I suppose I'd grab another Accord or Civic, not nearly as fun or utilitarian as the Subie but they certainly hit all the other marks better than any other vehicle I've ever owned.

I always laugh when people tell me their Jeep Wrangler is good in the snow. I have both a Jeep Wrangler and a 2015 Subaru Outback, and let me tell you... your Jeep SUCKS in the snow compared to my Subaru.

That Outback is so phenomenal in the snow that it blows my mind. It's almost impossible to lose control of with all the on-board wizardry. If you own a Crosstrek though, you already know this!

Reactions: Equilibrium31
I always laugh when people tell me their Jeep Wrangler is good in the snow. I have both a Jeep Wrangler and a 2015 Subaru Outback, and let me tell you... your Jeep SUCKS in the snow compared to my Subaru.

That Outback is so phenomenal in the snow that it blows my mind. It's almost impossible to lose control of with all the on-board wizardry. If you own a Crosstrek though, you already know this!
Alright @Chris your quoting me lol and that’s fine. My jeep is very capable in the snow in southern IN where I live. It’s a light vehicle I get that, but I also don’t live in Vermont or Colorado.

Always cracks me up what a cult following Subaru has. They all think their vehicles are the Holy Grail of on and off road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daryl
My spouse drives a '13 Prius, so that's technically my second vehicle and it is a nice pairing against my TJ. It's almost the complete opposite in so many ways since it's a hybrid, incredibly quiet, has lots of new tech, and rides really smoothly.

However, if I was to pick a second car for myself that wasn't another Wrangler, it would probably be a Subaru Crosstrek (Subarus are very popular here in snowy MN for good reason) or an old 90s XJ.

subaru-crosstrek-2018-00105.jpg

56624d1310730772t-green-xj-club-forumrunner_20110715_065240.png

Reactions: zebra12