If you read something that you know little about?

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
  • Haha
Reactions: bedhed
I think people get paid by the word. Definitely the clicks. So content means nothing. That's how you can get rich showing photos of a rabbit with a pancake on its head.

They've replaced journalists with youtube bloggers. Most would get a D in a middle school English paper.

And there are not 2 sides to every story. Unless, we take wrong as a valid side.

All I can equate that too is clickbait. Having a big background in internet marketing, SEO, and web design / development, it's become apparently obvious to me (and I know this from knowing people in the industry) that nowadays people are paid to write content, even if it's terrible content (which this is).

Shit, you remember the days when there were editors and proof readers? I find so many blatantly obvious spelling and grammatical errors in articles these days it almost makes you wonder who wrote it. This is if course because articles are no longer edited, and the position of "editor" is almost nonexistent.

"Journalists" now use Twitter as a primary source of news. Everyone is a "blogger", yet most of these people shouldn't be writing in the first place, as they simply don't have the talent to be a writer.

Anyways, I'm going off on another tangent here, but circling back, I agree 100%. I am not sure what I just read there.

I didn't even click on it. I've seen enough like it, I knew I didn't need to give them the ad click.

We pay for every second of .... excitement? those bringing it get exponential returns, what cost $5 a minute 10 years ago costs $500 a minute today. Yesterday things could be repaired for $50 today we throw it away and spend $500.

What was once a local sport. Is now a national sport but the owners, only watching the bottom line want it to be a global sport and once that happens it is a business, no longer a sport. We privatize everything giving control to corporations. Corporations can focus on one thing, bottom line. Amateur sport focuses on community. Sport ceases to exist, think Lance Armstrong.... it was all about the money, not the sport. The Olympics quit being a sport after 1986 when they became World Championships and the focus of career making. At which point athletes were applying for a job, motivated by $$$$ rather than victory.

Excellent article by someone looking far beyond the obvious.... which is actually obvious.

That is the worst article I ever read, except I couldn't finish reading it. Absolutely terrible.

I think I'm actually less intelligent after reading that article. I don't know what point the writer was trying to make.
I know shit about basketball, don't watch, do not care one bit about it but the title was intriguing. One changed the game, the other the system. That's kinda cool, so I read it to see how. I still know as much as I did.

I was smart enough to read your link and not click on it... no offense, but it was because it was NBA related. Pffffttt.

Damn. I made it into the first paragraph of "LeBron Changes the System" and had to stop. Before I made it that far, I had to scroll back up to the article's title, trying to figure out who I was reading about. It had me feeling like I was overhearing someone's phone conversation. Only getting random bits and pieces that made no sense.

I've been following the NBA all my life and articles like these are nonsensical.

It looks like a cut and paste gone wrong. Gave me a headache.

It’s like reading my kids texts to his friends.. it just jumped from one topic to the other.. then he had an epiphany and when to something else, good one @mrblaine 👍🏻