If you thought snorkels were bad...

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
The fraction of a horsepower that you get from that mod is totally worth the expense. I'm surprised the grill didn't have angry eyes....

You won't gain any horsepower from that at all. Any measurable difference in horsepower (1-2 hp at most I suspect) is only due to variables such as engine temp, heat soak, outside temp, dyno calibration, etc.

You won't gain any horsepower from that at all. Any measurable difference in horsepower (1-2 hp at most I suspect) is only due to variables such as engine temp, heat soak, outside temp, dyno calibration, etc.
Sorry....keep forgetting the <sarcasm> tags.... :)

Reactions: Chris
(1-2 hp at most I suspect)
so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance-memes-com-16169791.png

That mod falls in the "so dumb it hurts category ".

The best way to pray for these people is "please God , just kill them."

Here's the deal - where is the air box? Right front . What in front of that ? The grill
What goes through the grill? Fresh air .

Incidentally ,essentially every vehicle on the planet gets air this way.

Honestly , you can make a vehicle look cooler , or somewhat more capable ..we all know that , but nobody is likely to vastly improve on 100 years of naturally aspirated engine design with a bolt on part.

Reactions: jeepins
Then check out this "ram air" intake for the JK:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=152851047344

Apparently there's people who are stupid enough to actually cut into their hood to install this monstrosity. All for the sake of "cold air" :risas3:
So glad I clicked on that link. If I hadn't I never would have found this little gem!!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DQGSVQ1/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Please, watch the video! It's so convincing!:D

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
So glad I clicked on that link. If I hadn't I never would have found this little gem!!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DQGSVQ1/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Please, watch the video! It's so convincing!:D
Ha. My anti theft is the fact that my antenna is an old, long, whip antenna from my grandmas Buick. In all honestly I would never change out my trucks antenna simply because it is my first line of defense against smashing my roof in a parking garage.

Ha. My anti theft is the fact that my antenna is an old, long, whip antenna from my grandmas Buick. In all honestly I would never change out my trucks antenna simply because it is my first line of defense against smashing my roof in a parking garage.
I locked the keys in my WTO (White Trash Oldsmobile) many years ago when visiting someone in the hospital. I bent the antenna over enough to get leverage and unscrew it, and then proceeded to use the antenna as a slim-jim to break into my own car. Afterwards, I sorta straightened it back out, put it back on, and drove away. Try that with a fake bullet antenna! ;)

Reactions: JMT
Reactions: Squatch
That’s painful to look at. I always thought that people understood a snorkel works because of the extra height given to suck air into the engine when underwater, as most Jeep owners wish they had the balls to do with their babies. For someone to cut into the hood at nearly the same height as a stock airbox hurts my brain. But then again people still buy the “ex police mod chip” for their ECU’s