I'm 15 years old. What do I need to know about my 2000 TJ?

Which reminds me...buy some scrunci's, a couple of those elastic hair band do-hickies, and a reasonably cheap hair brush in a pastel color. That way you are totally prepared for the pretty girl who wants a ride in your Jeep with the top down. Whoever she is, she'll appreciate your foreward thinking. Tell her she can keep the scrunci or headband as a souvenir. More big points, plus some things really don't need to be recycled.

Wow, just wow.

Hats off to you sir.

Reactions: StG58
Every male jeeper should have a "girly things kit" stowed in the jeep. Duh!
So true, I've got a hair clip, scrunci's and a hat, along with TP (if you don't know what that is you don't need to know, but girls on the trail could need it at anytime, so just be prepared). This is how you maintain a hot chic you dig.

Congrats on owning a jeep but at the same time i feel for you.

A jeep, which has one of the biggest aftermarkets catering to it, is a highly addictive vehicle to own. It is known to play disappearing acts with your money. If I were 15 again and was lookin for a vehicle then it would not be a jeep. I dont want to end up living in a tent.

My advice: Maintain it like all other vehicles, put gas in it, and drive it (up mountains). Stay OFF THE INTERNET or else you will get bit. There is no cure for the jeep bug.

Honestly ALWAYS have a buddy, parent, wife gf bf etc help take it off. Don't take it off alone. Also it's pretty easy to scratch the crap out of the tub paint, it's best to not slide it when putting it on or off but I can't say I'm good at that.

From my experiences the hard top is not made to be taken off daily like I used to. Mine is starting to bend a bit and I have to push it to get it to line up. I dunno where you live but I'd buy like a Bimini top for summer and leave hardtop off then put it on as it gets cold.

Set it on 2x4s in the yard don't lay it on its side or anything like that. I've heard mixed things about hanging it. Some say it ends them others say it's fine. Also don't drop it. They shatter usually. They are worth around $1000 used give or take a few hundred.
X2 on this. Mine came with a hard top. I left it on until it started getting warm, then invested in a bikini top and either had it topless or used the bikini top when it rained, then put the hard top back on labor day.

Reactions: CJ Gates
Also, a little more relevant, contrary to popular belief, your Jeep is not invincible, meaning it can get stuck, get water damage, etc. Even as a 30 year old owning his first Jeep I learned this the hard way by thinking there was no risk trying to drive through 3.5 feet of water in the woods, alone, with no winch. Make sure you treat your Jeep right and it'll treat you right, and think before doing.

Reactions: StG58 and CJ Gates
Welcome to the forum!

Tons of good and some useless information found here. You know who you guys are. ^^^ :D Always, ALWAYS stop to think if you should before you think that you could do something in your TJ. Also, on top of all the other great suggestions, search in your area to see if there are any Jeep or 4x4 clubs that match your personality, beliefs, and overall outlook on life. Don't get in with the rowdy gotta have it on 40s crowd type clubs. Local clubs can be a huge resource for experience and others willing to show you the lifestyle of owning, maintaining, and having safe fun in your TJ.

As others have said, owning a Jeep is a lifestyle. Wave to other Jeep owners. Always stop if another Jeep owner is on the side of the road and ask them if they need help. Even if you believe you have little experience to offer aid. Amazon is not always your freind, as mentioned already. As a vendor here I will always try and help with any parts needs you might have.

Go out and get her dirty. Then, wash, rinse, and repeat.

@StG58 Damn skippy on the female e-kit. Women/girls love a guy that is prepared, organized, and looking out for them.