I'm back y'all (my new Southern accent)

CodaMan

California Escapee
Supporting Member
After a long hiatus I'm back. Here's what's been going on... I moved from California after living in the state I was born and raised in for 60 years. Moved in the middle of a pandemic which had many challenges. My wife and I visited many states until we found the one we loved. Arkansas has the friendliest people, not many people, more water than I've seen in my life, a slow pace, is inexpensive, always green and more outdoor fun than just about anywhere.

After 3 visits we found a home. It's a beautiful 3 story home, no it's not on stilts, with 5 acres that sits atop a hill. The bottom floor is a 3 car garage and a complete guest quarters with a kitchen. I see at least 15 deer a day on my property, but the wife says I can't shoot any of them. Oh well. Here's a pic of the house and it's property.

PXL_20220317_150452775.jpg

and the property

Screenshot from 2021-05-10 14-51-14.png

Made multiple trips back to California to get everything. Even though movers were bringing our household goods, I still had a Jeep, a wife, 4 dogs, many guns and an RV to bring out.

PXL_20210628_233032416.jpg

FB_IMG_1658267997418.jpg

After 12,000 on the pickup I finally got everything out.

The first thing I did was build a 1,000 sqft shop. Which is not an easy task in a pandemic, but its done.

PXL_20220625_202854753.jpg

I've been here for a year now. I had some Jeep problems... I had to replace the clutch, the O2 sensors and the cats. Since my tools weren't here yet and my shop wasn't complete, I had to find someone to do it. I furnished all the parts and the shop I found replaced my clutch for $200 and my cats and sensors for $100. You can't beat that. I love the South. Anyway, we're all settled in the beautiful Arkansas Ozarks and it's time to hit the hundreds of miles of trails with what seems to be more Jeeps than people.

I hope to saty as active as I used to on here and chat with old friends and make new ones.

Codaman

Last edited:
After a long hiatus I'm back. Here's what's been going on... I moved from California after living in the state I was born and raised in for 60 years. Moved in the middle of a pandemic which had many challenges. My wife and I visited many states until we found the one we loved. Arkansas has the friendliest people, not many people, more water than I've seen in my life, a slow pace, is inexpensive, always green and more outdoor fun than just about anywhere.

After 3 visits we found a home. It's a beautiful 3 story home, no it's not on stilts, with 5 acres that sits atop a hill. The bottom floor is a 3 car garage and a complete guest quarters with a kitchen. I see at least 15 deer a day on my property, but the wife says I can't shoot any of them. Oh well. Here's a pic of the house and it's property.

View attachment 388039

and the property

View attachment 388041

Made multiple trips back to California to get everything. Even though movers were bringing our household goods, I still had a Jeep, a wife, 4 dogs, many guns and an RV to bring out.

View attachment 388042

View attachment 388044

The first thing I did was build a 1,000 sqft shop. Which is not an easy task in a pandemic, but its done.

View attachment 388046

I've been her for a year now. I had some Jeep problems... I had to replace the clutch, the O2 sensors and the cats. Since my tools weren't here yet and my shop wasn't complete, I had to find someone to do it. I furnished all the parts and the shop I found replaced my clutch for $200 and my cats and sensors for $100. You can't beat that. I love the South. Anyway, we're all settled in the beautiful Arkansas Ozarks and it's time to hit the hundreds of miles of trails with what seems to be more Jeeps than people.

I hope to saty as active as I used to on here and chat with old friends and make new ones.

Codaman

Welcome to the good life.

Arkansas Offroad is a youtube guy that may give you some ideas on places to go- Arkansas is a great state for outdoor adventure and fun.

Love your place.

View attachment 388039

and the property

View attachment 388041

View attachment 388042

View attachment 388044

View attachment 388046

I've been her for a year now. I had some Jeep problems... I had to replace the clutch, the O2 sensors and the cats. Since my tools weren't here yet and my shop wasn't complete, I had to find someone to do it. I furnished all the parts and the shop I found replaced my clutch for $200 and my cats and sensors for $100. You can't beat that. I love the South. Anyway, we're all settled in the beautiful Arkansas Ozarks and it's time to hit the hundreds of miles of trails with what seems to be more Jeeps than people.

Codaman

Welcome back! I’m glad the move has finally come to an end and your life is under way outside commie-fornia. People are still following your build recipe here! Congrats on a lovely home. I’m glad you can take a deep breath of fresh freedom air! You’re dear wife will figure out you’re doing the other deer a favor by shooting some. Sounds like they are overpopulated like they were where I lived in TX. Artificially supported by people throwing corn.

Beautiful property! I also packed up and headed east to Arkansas. Nice people, gorgeous scenery and a very active off road community. I hope your new home brings many years of happiness.

Reactions: CodaMan
Ima get out my soap box here. It's "ya'll," not "y'all."
Spelling it "y'all" came from yankees misunderstanding the word.
Ya don't wanna look like a damn yankee, do ya?

Reactions: Blondie70