I'm being held hostage at work by Fed-Ex

CasterTroy

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So 4-1/2 weeks ago I ordered a set of sliders from White Knuckle Off-road. After I ordered them I got an email notice that they would ship in 6 weeks.

Man, was I pissed...but whatever.

Anyway...I planned my Christmas vacation time Dec 18-Jan 4 with the intent on the sliders being delivered the office the first week in January (ish)

THEN I get a notice last wednesday from Fed-ex that they shipped and would arrive Mon (dec 21) by the end of the day.....well...OK I guess that's good, so I schlep into work monday and hang out till they arrive.

Just myself and one other engineer are working (new guy...not enough vacation accrued to blow off the end of the year) so it's no biggie. Then at 4:00pm I get ANOTHER notice from Fed-ex that my 96 pound package wouldn't be arriving until TUESDAY by the end of day

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SO here I am.....12:15pm on tuesday....waiting around from my 96 pound package!

It's a ghost-town in the office. No phones ringing, no noise....and I'm pacing back and forth to the front of the office looking for that little fed-ex dude, held hostage till he comes!

Been there, done that. I hate when I end up waiting on the delivery guys because in my experience they never arrive at the same time on any two days.

Your package must be delayed due to all the weather situations, is that it?

There's no explanation in the "updated email"

I'm sure Amazon and online Christmas has Fed-ex as slammed as UPS and USPS but now this is cutting into my NAP time :D

I've ordered so much in the last 6 weeks (Bonus :cool:) that the UPS guy cusses me at 10:38 every morning (he IS consistent as hell) but the Fed-ex guy is hit an miss...sometimes early morning, sometimes 4:58. I'm hoping not the 4:58 today

Reactions: Chris
That's what happens with my delivery guys. One day it will be 8 AM and then the next day it's friggin' 7PM!

I'm lucky. I work in a warehouse. The receivers give me a call on the radio if something shows up with my name on it. The only down side is the owner of the company has a hot rod shop and his stuff gets delivered to the warehouse as well. Sometimes receiving doesn't read the label, they just see auto parts and call up his hot rod mechanic, who jets over and grabs the part, then wonders what he's supposed to do with whatever showed up. It's embarrassing to have to call around to the owner's private shop to locate your stuff. Kinda bad job karma, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: Chris
Undelivered, Pilfered or Smashed.

Bastards stole my winch. I watched it ship from Quadratec to the distribution hub and then ***POOF*** gone!!! Needless to say, I didn't have it in time for vacation in April.

Undelivered, Pilfered or Smashed.

Bastards stole my winch. I watched it ship from Quadratec to the distribution hub and then ***POOF*** gone!!! Needless to say, I didn't have it in time for vacation in April.

File a VISA chargeback. Had to do it before and it works like a charm.

File a VISA chargeback. Had to do it before and it works like a charm.

:D

I feel sorry for; naw, I really don't!

Quadratec shipped another winch. I cannot imagine seeing that the tracking never indicated that it left their possession, yet they have the gall to ask the shipper, "Did you insure it?" Quadratec ships FedEx now.

I have yet to have a chargeback denied, be it Visa, Mastercard or American Express.

:D

I feel sorry for; naw, I really don't!

Quadratec shipped another winch. I cannot imagine seeing that the tracking never indicated that it left their possession, yet they have the gall to ask the shipper, "Did you insure it?" Quadratec ships FedEx now.

I have yet to have a chargeback denied, be it Visa, Mastercard or American Express.

That's one of the perks with using a major credit card is you're usually protected for the most part.

I get a notice last wednesday from Fed-ex that they shipped and would arrive Mon (dec 21) by the end of the day.....well...OK I guess that's good, so I schlep into work monday and hang out till they arrive.
Then at 4:00pm I get ANOTHER notice from Fed-ex that my 96 pound package wouldn't be arriving until TUESDAY

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm pacing back and forth to the front of the office looking for that little fed-ex dude, held hostage till he comes!

Most expediters have a depot in every town. If they miss you you can pick it up there.