I'm done with Duluth Trading

ejay

TJ Addict
Back in the beginning of April my wife tried to order a heavy jacket. Months went by and no jacket. She finally called Duluth who stated they didn't know what happened to her order. Sorry, can't get you another since it's out of stock.

Back at the end of August my wife and I took advantage of the 20% sale and ordered over $500 worth of stuff. Got our confirmation email and waited. Still no shipping info. I called Duluth today to see what the status of our order was as our online account doesn't even show that the order was made. Took 30 minutes online to find out that according to them my bank declined the order for some reason. I call BS because there is more than enough money available and they never informed us about any potential fraudulent charges. That, and Duluth never sent an email stating that it was declined. How convenient. The guy on the phone offers to reorder for me. We go down the list one by one. I got four deep before I got tired of hearing that they no longer have it in stock. I politely tell him I'm done dealing with their lack of communication and that I'm not interested in ever ordering a single item from them again. The guy was pretty apologetic and I reminded him that I wasn't upset with him personally. I just wasn't interested in wasting time with Duluth anymore. He offers a supervisor and I let him know that no discount or fast free shipping is going to get me to purchase from them again.

At least he didn't try to blame Corona. They've lost my business for life. I'd rather wear Walmart than Duluth at this point.

Back in the beginning of April my wife tried to order a heavy jacket. Months went by and no jacket. She finally called Duluth who stated they didn't know what happened to her order. Sorry, can't get you another since it's out of stock.

Back at the end of August my wife and I took advantage of the 20% sale and ordered over $500 worth of stuff. Got our confirmation email and waited. Still no shipping info. I called Duluth today to see what the status of our order was as our online account doesn't even show that the order was made. Took 30 minutes online to find out that according to them my bank declined the order for some reason. I call BS because there is more than enough money available and they never informed us about any potential fraudulent charges. That, and Duluth never sent an email stating that it was declined. How convenient. The guy on the phone offers to reorder for me. We go down the list one by one. I got four deep before I got tired of hearing that they no longer have it in stock. I politely tell him I'm done dealing with their lack of communication and that I'm not interested in ever ordering a single item from them again. The guy was pretty apologetic and I reminded him that I wasn't upset with him personally. I just wasn't interested in wasting time with Duluth anymore. He offers a supervisor and I let him know that no discount or fast free shipping is going to get me to purchase from them again.

At least he didn't try to blame Corona. They've lost my business for life. I'd rather wear Walmart than Duluth at this point.
Our order system and shopping cart does not notify us or you that your order failed because it declined the payment process. Also, if you haven't updated your cards to the new address, most systems will kick that out thinking it is fraud due to the shipping address not matching the card's address.

If you didn't get an order confirmation in 24 hours or less, (most are immediate), that is when you call and check to see what went wrong. We get similar daily. Hey, did my order go through? NRSN and we'll check but if you didn't get a confirmation and you've checked the junk folder, you pretty much don't have an order in.

Just had one the other day, likely a relative of yours. We spent several days going back and forth via email with questions about which brake kit to order. Get him lined out, says he's placing the order.

2 months later I get an email from him that says he has been looking all over the property for the last couple of days trying to find the brake kit he ordered. Finally he went into his bank info, no charge. Checked email, no order confirmation. He never placed the order.

Reactions: Ephry73
Our order system and shopping cart does not notify us or you that your order failed because it declined the payment process. Also, if you haven't updated your cards to the new address, most systems will kick that out thinking it is fraud due to the shipping address not matching the card's address.

If you didn't get an order confirmation in 24 hours or less, (most are immediate), that is when you call and check to see what went wrong. We get similar daily. Hey, did my order go through? NRSN and we'll check but if you didn't get a confirmation and you've checked the junk folder, you pretty much don't have an order in.

Just had one the other day, likely a relative of yours. We spent several days going back and forth via email with questions about which brake kit to order. Get him lined out, says he's placing the order.

2 months later I get an email from him that says he has been looking all over the property for the last couple of days trying to find the brake kit he ordered. Finally he went into his bank info, no charge. Checked email, no order confirmation. He never placed the order.
We received an order confirmation and a notification that we would be billed when they ship. The confirmation number went nowhere on the reps screen when I gave it to him.

The bank account is from a local bank. We opened the account and dumped 20k into it to get local banking and checking going when we moved here since there are no BofA in WY. All this months before our order. Everything seemed fine on my end which is why I question their explanation. I'll forgive the jab at my kin folk. 😙

I'm most disappointed at the lack of communication. On both instances.

Last edited:
We received an order confirmation and a notification that we would be billed when they ship. The confirmation number went nowhere on the reps screen when I gave it to him.

The bank account is from a local bank. We opened the account and dumped 20k into it to get local banking and checking going when we moved here since there are no BofA in WY.

I'm most disappointed at the lack of communication. On both instances.
If you got an order confirmation, fuck'em.

• Haha
Reactions: Ephry73 and Zorba