I'm finally moving

I'm pretty certain this is the same everywhere. I've been house hunting for over a year and haven't had luck. Can't compete with everyone offering 20-30% over asking and waiving inspections.

Reactions: Ron505 and Ephry73
here in Vancouver, BC we have been dealing with foreign investors for the past 10 years, driving up our markets. They will buy from China, leave the house empty for years, then sell it later for more. The gov't still hasn't cracked down on a speculation Tax or foreign buyers tax, to maybe try and deter these investors. Families here are suffering as they can't get into the market
Same in Australia! Locals have no chance off getting a house, they are all being pushed out to the suburbs to new developments miles away from the cities.

• Angry
Reactions: LieutenantJohnson
Even in the bitter cold of Minnesota houses are going over market. Not sure if it's people moving in or just wanting out of the riot torn areas.

Reactions: Ron505
I love Central and North West Arkansas and I would move there in a heartbeat if I could. If you Mountain Bike you are going to be very pleasantly surprised with the riding (Mountain Bike Mecca!!) and the Ouachitas and the Ozarks offer plenty of outdoor recreation. There is also plenty of good craft brews, museums, etc... I am not a big fan of the delta region of Arkansas, but if you like to hunt, it is some of the best duck hunting in the country.

Welcome to the Mid-South, once you get used to the heat and the humidity of summer, it will get frigid cold, but damn those two weeks of spring and fall sure are nice!!

Same in Australia! Locals have no chance off getting a house, they are all being pushed out to the suburbs to new developments miles away from the cities.
yeah it is unfortunate. I am 41 years old, my wife and I make decent money, yet we are still in a Townhouse. Hoping be able to afford $800-900k moderate house and yard in 2 years. Most people are much further behind or in debt, and in an apartment OR renting

• Wow
Reactions: Ephry73
I like Missouri’s state motto: At least we ain’t Arkansas!

J/K, nice place man!!! Our search started in Northwest Arkansas. We moved north a bit to Missouri and close on our house in August. Congratulations, time to get the fuck off this coast and bring our conservative values to a state that allows freedom still.

yeah it is unfortunate. I am 41 years old, my wife and I make decent money, yet we are still in a Townhouse. Hoping be able to afford $800-900k moderate house and yard in 2 years. Most people are much further behind or in debt, and in an apartment OR renting
$800-900K for a moderate and yard house?!?:oops:

it's coming your way soon, us a-hole New Yorker's and Jerseyits are infiltrating your state with big $$ in the pockets
Looks like I'll be waiting for the bottom to fall out of market again. Shouldn't be too long by the way things are currently going. The issue I have is that nothing is for sale where we are trying to move.