I'm looking for this...

Pedro

Hi guys!:
I'm looking for one like this. Somebody know it and where Can I bought one?

20171004_160824.jpg

20171004_160816.jpg

It looks like some kind of tow point, so someone can winch or pull you out of a no good situation. However, it looks small, but it might just be the picture. If it is, I haven’t seen that type, though I’m sure someone has. Usually I see tow hooks or Shackles. You only need one on front and one on back, though you can have two.

I have one of those on mine...although I wouldn't use it as a tow point...not sure where you can get one unless somebody it getting rid of a stock bumper on CL.

You have to be careful with the factory style front tow hooks. Being that they sit on top of the bolts it give it leverage to pull the bolt through the frame. I was stuck in a bad mud hole and in an attempt to get snatched out the rear tow hook bolt pulled right through the frame and the front one almost came out.

Last edited:
You have to be careful with the style front tow hooks. Being that they sit on top of the bolts it give it leverage to pull the bolt through the frame. I was stuck in a bad mud hole and in an attempt to get snatched out the rear tow hook bolt pulled right through the frame and the front one almost came out.
This thread sucks. Everyone is using generic terms, it, they, that, etc. and no quotes so those following along know what is being referenced.

So, a bit more precisely, which tow hooks actually sit on top of the bolts?

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
I'm confused because they don't sit on top of the bolts, the bolts go through holes in the base of the hook and all attachment points for anything being used on the hook is above the bolts, that's why!!!!!

In his initial post, the pics attached to it. I'll edit my other post to be more directed.

I'm confused because they don't sit on top of the bolts, the bolts go through holes in the base of the hook and all attachment points for anything being used on the hook is above the bolts, that's why!!!!!
I am sorry if I did not properly explain myself. Here is a picture showing what I meant to say. The TJ Design in my humble opinion is crap compared to the YJ and older designs where the actual hook is far more forward than being vertical to the hole where the bolt goes through. TJ Style when you get snatched out the force tends pull up on the rear bolt which is what happened to me. it got pulled up through the frame with welded nut and all.

61sYqaZ1vBL._SL1500_.jpg

I am sorry if I did not properly explain myself. Here is a picture showing what I meant to say. The TJ Design in my humble opinion is crap compared to the YJ and older designs where the actual hook is far more forward than being vertical to the hole where the bolt goes through. TJ Style when you get snatched out the force tends pull up on the rear bolt which is what happened to me. it got pulled up through the frame with welded nut and all.

View attachment 26442
Which means that the style referenced in the first post is a fair bit superior because it removes the leverage factor or a fair bit of it.