I'm making the truck Ram didn't

89grand

TJ Addict
So I bought a new 2019 Ram 1500 Classic regular cab back in late December. Luckily it had the 8.4" radio and upgraded gauge cluster (which seems to be an extremely rare option). At under 3k miles, I've debadged it, added color matched door handles, color matched door mirrors, a leather wrapped steering wheel, and steering wheel audio controls.

This stuff added up is nearly $1k, but I would have bought this truck for $1k more had it existed.

The day I brought it home:

1218191638(1).jpg

Now:

0325201819_HDR(1).jpg

Nice, I've been looking at those myself, it seems like the 8.4 option is rare now that sport regular cab doesn't exist.
I've been wanting to pull the trigger on it but a 2020 Ram rebel seems nice too

Reactions: 89grand
Nice, I've been looking at those myself, it seems like the 8.4 option is rare now that sport regular cab doesn't exist.
I've been wanting to pull the trigger on it but a 2020 Ram rebel seems nice too
They stopped the R/T in 2017, made the Sport in 2018, and neither existed in 2019. Those were well optioned regular cabs. Mine is an Express, but not totally stripped, but stripped too much for me, which is why I'm making the truck I wanted.

I paid $25,700 for it, but even adding the $900 for the stuff I did, it isn't bad for $26,600. If I had the choice, I would have paid $900 more for the things I added.

This color is called Delmonico Red. It is similar to other colors Chrysler has done, but a little different.

Okay, because it looks very similar to the TorRed color on the Dodge Challenger Hellcats. Given they are both Mopar, I wouldn't be surprised if it's very close.

The mirrors are more than just color matched. They have the built in turn signals and "puddle lights". I was able to activate them both with a bluetooth scan tool and an app called AlfaOBD. I turned on the signals, puddle lights, and can even roll the windows down with the unlock button on the remote.

The puddle lights are awesome, and brighter than expected.

0328202200a_HDR.jpg

0328202200_HDR.jpg

They look really cool lowered. I've seen your truck on the Ram forum quite a few times. I'd really hate to ruin the great ride it has for appearance sake, but man single cabs looks cool lowered.

They look really cool lowered. I've seen your truck on the Ram forum quite a few times. I'd really hate to ruin the great ride it has for appearance sake, but man single cabs looks cool lowered.
If you lower it correctly you'll only improve the handling, but true it will be a more harsh ride. Rams are known for their great rides too. Still a great looking truck as is, at least it's a RCSB. So that is you on the Ram forum, thought I read your post about your mirrors.

Holy crap, someone actually makes a truck that doesn't have an extended cab???

Does it come in blue? lol

Reactions: bedhed
Very nice! I believe they have done a great job with the body styling for the Ram trucks. I've always liked how they give you plenty space in the fenders. With that, you can go whichever wheel and tire route you prefer.

It could be that I rarely see any single cab trucks these days, but I'd say that the single cab Ram is the best looking for sure. Like others said, I'm a big fan of a lowered single cab. Most especially with the big bodied Ram. They make a mean looking street truck.

Let's see the inside!