WTB: Impact sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got some cheap ones from somewhere 20-some years ago and they are ok. I’ve also got some Tekton brand ones off Amazon lately and they are pretty good.

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
I have a set of impact sockets and rarely use them. Instead I just use my gearwrench or other normal sockets. No issues yet with the m12 stubbie.

I have a set of impact sockets and rarely use them. Instead I just use my gearwrench or other normal sockets. No issues yet with the m12 stubbie.

X2. I have some Pittsburg impact sockets, but a lot of times, I grab what is handy. I typically have my M18 1/2" drive mid torque impact in my hand. Haven't blown any sockets up yet. I've been keeping my eyes open for a decent set of sockets, but it hasn't been necessary, so far.

Reactions: rasband
wear eye protection dude

I would never admit this on a public forum but...I have had the same set of craftsman us made chrome sockets since I was 18 years old and have rattled them with every impact known to man and have only broken 1 that I recall.

What wasn't happy? Besides cracking the only other thing I can think of is the drive portion becoming elongated

You could round off the corners too, esp if he's using a 12 pt socket. I try to buy 6 pt sockets when I can and keep them around for general use. I have a set of 12 pt, but those are only pulled out when necessary.

Reactions: JMT and P man
I got a Milwaukee impact for my birthday but I need some sockets for it, 3/8 drive would be ideal, but anything would do fine

I was going to say make sure and get 6-point dockets. Harbor freight has some cheap sockets like Pittsburg, but also expensive ones like Icon. I’d keep an eye on FB marketplace. I see good deals on socket sets every week. Tekton is a cheaper brand of impact sockets I’ve had good luck with.

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
Status
Not open for further replies.