In-cab heat (not heater)

Mizzippi jb

This little Go Dawgs tj is my 3rd one. This one seems to be hotter in the cab from the engine (4.0 6 speed) than the others. It has the Waterproof carpet stuff (bed rug) and a little solar aluminum looking heat shield under the bed rug as well. It'll melt the ice in a drink cup rather quickly. Feels like the heats on moreso than I remember with the others. Always runs 210 on the temp Guage. Would a new lower degree thermostat help? Any other tricks? The older I get the less I want to be hot lol, thx in advance

Last edited:
The catalytic converter is directly under the floor on the passenger side, it's likely your bed rug simply isn't much of an insulator like the factory carpeting provides. Whenever I pull my carpeting and drive it much my interior gets so hot that I have to reinstall the carpeting. I stopped removing it years ago.

The catalytic converter is directly under the floor on the passenger side, it's likely your bed rug simply isn't much of an insulator like the factory carpeting provides. Whenever I pull my carpeting and drive it much my interior gets so hot that I have to reinstall the carpeting. I stopped removing it years ago.

The exhaust comes down right by the console too. It gets hot and stays hot, I put the windows and doors in so my kid could drive it to school (showers in forecast). Was still hotter than a mofo in there 30 min after a drive. I may get some old rugs or doormats and put em under the bed rug as well. Thanks.

Any other tricks?
get some adhesive backed DEI Floor and Tunnel Shield II and stick it on the underside of the tub along the trans tunnel

DEI stock photo as an example:
20220821_163008.jpg

Is the factory insulation above the rear catalytic converter still on your Jeep? If that was missing it would explain why this Jeep seems different.

I'll have to look. Now that I saw Jerry Bs post, I remember the other 2 having the factory carpet

Is the factory insulation above the rear catalytic converter still on your Jeep? If that was missing it would explain why this Jeep seems different.

Ours is the same way, and it definitely has all the heat shielding. In 45 minutes, a fresh out of the fridge can of soda is hot, while in the drink holder.

get some adhesive backed DEI Floor and Tunnel Shield II and stick it on the underside of the tub along the trans tunnel

DEI stock photo as an example:
View attachment 353057

Did wrapping the exhaust/cat help at all? Any issues with the wrap?

I looked at the underside of the tub on the driver side (manifold to catalytic) and I don't have any of the silver shielding. Will definitely be adding that in the next day or 2. It was dark and I didn't look under the passenger side, but I'm sure it'll need some too

I looked at the underside of the tub on the driver side (manifold to catalytic) and I don't have any of the silver shielding. Will definitely be adding that in the next day or 2. It was dark and I didn't look under the passenger side, but I'm sure it'll need some too
The factory only installed heat shielding above the main catalytic converter under the passenger-side floor.

The factory only installed heat shielding above the main catalytic converter under the passenger-side floor.

It gets really warm on both sides. I'm gonna add some on the driver side as well. Maybe double up on the passenger side, but the driver side has no heat protection and it definitely needs some (so say my lower extremities)

Did wrapping the exhaust/cat help at all? Any issues with the wrap?
That was a stock photo from the DEI webpage. The material I referenced isn't an exhaust wrap it gets applied to the underside of the tub. I haven't used it but got the idea from mrblaine. I use some heat barrier material under the mass-backed carpet which worked for my situation.

Reactions: Artsifrtsi
Ours is the same way, and it definitely has all the heat shielding. In 45 minutes, a fresh out of the fridge can of soda is hot, while in the drink holder.
I had the same issue, it was the inner shift boot. It seemed to turn my entire center console into heat ducting and the hot air was coming from the opening for the hand brake. Right next to the cup holder. My console is a single piece, the 2 piece ones might not be as bad?

Told you this place would help you spend you $$$$$$ :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Mizzippi jb
I had the same issue, it was the inner shift boot. It seemed to turn my entire center console into heat ducting and the hot air was coming from the opening for the hand brake. Right next to the cup holder. My console is a single piece, the 2 piece ones might not be as bad?
👍
All he needs now is a boat 🤣

22 foot nautic star CC 😡

Both boots were in great condition when I was in there last, this is just the normal “Jeep thing.”

Reactions: John Cooper