In need of a little more power

No, but in all honesty it wouldn’t be very hard to make your own setup if you found someone who can fabricate the manifold and plumbing. This is for certain what I would do if I had to do it again.

I'm going to disagree with you. The plumbing is the easy part. Minor fab work isn't that bad either. Changing around the mechanical of the engine to work with boost requires an advanced level of knowledge and experience (think valve springs). Properly sizing a turbo requires knowledge, and preferably previous experience. Proper tuning of the engine management requires a rocket scientist who dabbles in black magic on the side.

Yes, you can add more power. But remember it's a Jeep not a sports car. I can easily get to 80mph with my 4.0. Could probably go faster than that, but again I remind myself that these Jeeps aren't built for that. Also, fast highway speeds will only result with stones hitting the windshield.

Reactions: HausHudson83
I'm going to disagree with you. The plumbing is the easy part. Minor fab work isn't that bad either. Changing around the mechanical of the engine to work with boost requires an advanced level of knowledge and experience (think valve springs). Properly sizing a turbo requires knowledge, and preferably previous experience. Proper tuning of the engine management requires a rocket scientist who dabbles in black magic on the side.

We will agree to disagree then. Banks already made a very well received turbo kit for the 4.0. If you were to create your own turbo kit, all you have to do is mirror the specs of that kit. The hardest part (according to you at least) would be the tuning, but I know a handful of very good tuners who wouldn’t have an issue tuning a 4.0 with a turbo. This isn’t that difficult, unless you make it difficult. It’s been done before plenty of times and has mentioned it wouldn’t be that hard to do. It might cost you quite a bit of money, but then again, so would running one of these so-called bolt-on supercharger kits.

Reactions: BlueC
Does anyone make a quality bolt-on turbo kit?
@Jezza is working on something. I think he said its going to be in the neighborhood of 7 grand.
things may have changed but ...
Yeah, it will be right at 5k for everything minus the tuning. That does include the air to water as well as injectors and a MAP sensor.

Also, I did manage to source an intercooler from a different supplier. It should be here in a few days and we will set it up on the jigs to confirm fitment. Good news is if it fits they have more than 50 in stock.

You guys need to raise the bar a little bit on adding power....

C6FE51E0-250F-4C1F-BB55-A38E3656A401.jpeg

if your buddies start complaining about how slow your JEEP is. remove the front track bar and take them for a ride and I bet about the time you hit 30MPH their begging you to slow down ! then tell them their a bunch of pussies ! :ROFLMAO:

Your advice is amazing!! I hope you have children!! I don't, but if I did id be repeating all of this