In praise of Misch Big Boy Seat Brackets

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Misch Big Boy Brackets attach between your seat and tub. And give you 4 additional inches of space rearward in your seat adjustment.

https://misch4x4.com/bigboy-bracket.html
If your over 6 foot or have long legs. The Misch Big Boy Brackets are a dream come true. They are made of 1/4" or better steel. And are very safe. (I've never heard or read of a failure ever.) I was just adjusting my seat yesterday. And it hit me just how much improvement they add to my Jeep. If you think you need seat risers. They probably aren't for you. But for those of us on the larger scale of things. Meaning tall. You will find them invaluable.

I adjusted my seat back to far yesterday. And then forward to far. Similar to how it was stock. And then back to someplace midway that was perfect. And was blown away by how much space and comfort they add. I've been using them for several months. So I had forgotten how much more driveable my Jeep is with them installed. And how much more comfortable it is.

Most guys aren't in this height class. So we tend to talk about seat risers alot more than seat brackets. But man. If they didn't sell these. I would be forced to have my seat brackets moved rearward somehow. Or have my Jeep experience ruined for life. Stock - my seat had my knees almost touching the dash. My body almost up against the steering wheel. My face felt way to close to the windshield. It was like driving a tiny clown car for me. Super uncomfortable driving. Not to mention if I had a clutch it would be a huge pain trying to lift my knees into the dash to shift gears. Luckily I have an AT. But for those tall guys with a clutch. You won't believe how much more comfortable having your seat 1 to 4 inches moved to the rear is.

Best $150 I've spent on my Jeep. If your tall make this your number one mod. You won't be sorry.