In search of 05-06 throttle body and IAC

Scout425

I ran a smoke test and found my throttle body to be leaking from the seals around the rod that connects to the butterfly valve and the IAC. I believe this is the culprit behind my intermittent stalling while at idle.

1. looking for OEM 2005-06 throttle body (5161510AA). I have been unsuccessful in sourcing one online as the part has been discontinued. Does anyone know of a viable substitute?
1619884263636.png

2. The o-ring around my IAC is damaged. Is there a preferred brand for replacing this sensor?
1619884298933.png

If you search, you’ll find that the throttle body is not fully sealed. I had the same results with a smoke test.

The Mopar IAC is readily available. I got one recently from https://www.wermopar.com/

If you search, you’ll find that the throttle body is not fully sealed. I had the same results with a smoke test.

The Mopar IAC is readily available. I got one recently from https://www.wermopar.com/
Ive seen quite a few posts stating tgat is normal, but I have a hard time believing that it’s normal/nominal to have air bypass the air filter and be sucking in at the valve.

I’ve already checked wermopar. No luck there, unfortunately.

I don't believe the leak is causing your intermittent stall.

unmetered air getting into the throttle shaft should not cause this because our jeeps use a speed density system.

Now if our jeeps used a MAF system I would be incline to say it's possible because you have unmetered air getting past a MAF sensor.

Have you tried cleaning the Throttlebody and IAC?

The IAC can be replaced seperate of the T/body

Last edited:
I’ve been chasing this stalling issue for a while now. Ive repaired 2x small vacuum leaks, still need to replace the “L” fitting that comes off the intake.

Yes, I have cleaned to IAC and TB. Also, I do plan to replace the IAC since the o-ring is damaged and I keep running into more and more discontinued item each year. Might as well stock up on a few things as well.