WTB: In search of a steering box for a 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
In search of a Power Steering Box for a 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ.
Any suggestions, leads etc. welcome. Thanks!
There is one posted on this forum. Also you should put your wanted in the Wanted forum.

No, I am in Canada.
Your location shows up under your username so I was aware of your stated location. Lots of folks up north have US shipping addresses to get stuff over the border due to all the BS and cost to ship it direct.

I have a 03-06 steering gear that you can have for the cost of shipping but I'm not sending it over the border.

In search of a Power Steering Box for a 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ.
Any suggestions, leads etc. welcome. Thanks!
I got a rebuilt steering box from NAPA about 5 yrs. ago. You can have yours rebuilt but if you need one quickly NAPA (or?) might be a good way to go.

Your location shows up under your username so I was aware of your stated location. Lots of folks up north have US shipping addresses to get stuff over the border due to all the BS and cost to ship it direct.

I have a 03-06 steering gear that you can have for the cost of shipping but I'm not sending it over the border.
Sorry, new on here! Thanks! I will see if I can find anyone with a US address.
I got a rebuilt steering box from NAPA about 5 yrs. ago. You can have yours rebuilt but if you need one quickly NAPA (or?) might be a good way to go.
Yes, thank you! Can't seem to find an '05, it was a weird year. Rebuilding mine is definitely an option.

Sorry, new on here! Thanks! I will see if I can find anyone with a US address.

Yes, thank you! Can't seem to find an '05, it was a weird year. Rebuilding mine is definitely an option.
05 isn't a weird year. The same steering gear fits and works from any 03-06 Jeep TJ.

… Yes, thank you! Can't seem to find an '05, it was a weird year. Rebuilding mine is definitely an option.
'03 to '06 are Mercedes based boxes. There's a Jeep shop in Markham that I'm pretty sure rebuilds them. The name escapes me now but I will try to track it down and will post it here (will be out for a while though). That's a bit of a hike from Kitchener though. I will try to find some local links for you. (y)

05 isn't a weird year. The same steering gear fits and works from any 03-06 Jeep TJ.
That's interesting, I have been told that only an '05 will fit. (The year Mercedes took over Chrysler)
Thank you for that info, I will look further into that. I hope you are right, makes my life easier!!

'03 to '06 are Mercedes based boxes. There's a Jeep shop in Markham that I'm pretty sure rebuilds them. The name escapes me now but I will try to track it down and will post it here (will be out for a while though). That's a bit of a hike from Kitchener though. I will try to find some local links for you. (y)
Appreciate it!

That's interesting, I have been told that only an '05 will fit. (The year Mercedes took over Chrysler)
Thank you for that info, I will look further into that. I hope you are right, makes my life easier!!
That happened just prior to 03. Prior enough to get the ZF steering gear in place on the 03-06 models.

Here you go … Rock Spyder 4x4 in Markham which is in the Hwy. 7 and McCowan Rd. area. http://www.rockspyder4x4.com/ . I only dealt with them once but they were great.

If you're not already you might want to get on to the Jeep Central forum http://www.jeepcentral.ca/forums/search.php?searchid=614855 . Most of the members are from Ontario and the KW area is well represented. Someone more local to you might have some leads. Good luck!
Thank you!! I will check out the rockspyder site and I am not on that forum, I will check it out. Thanks again!

That's great! Thanks!! Do you know the cost - or how will I pay you before hand? I could send through Paypal if you have a Paypal email address.
Send me a message with your shipping address. When the package gets there, pay the shipping amount and we're good. [email protected]

Fair warning. If the address is incomplete, I'll wait until you figure out that it hasn't shipped before I tell you why.

Status
Not open for further replies.