In the market for a new battery

DieHard is back!

die-harder.jpg

:LOL:

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I'll be really excited if the Diehard Platinum came back.

They are back and sold exclusively at Advance Auto but they don't look to be the same ol' Platinums we used to get a Sears. I haven't looked into the specs and sourcing but the new AA Platinum has less CCA than my old Sears Platinum.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
To update my previous, and maybe clarify the comment -

Called Pep Boys to confirm availability of the Group 34, Champion 48 month battery with 25% discount. They had ‘em in stock. Went to pick up, confirmed it was as described, paid the $157.xx plus $12 something Texas tax and brought her home.
I didn’t really look for the date code until I went to install it - the round label on the side said “07/19”. “Dang it” I said to myself - thought for a minute, and installed. My thinking is, it’s 48 months from date of purchase, not date of manufacture.
Was surprised, thinking Pep Boys must not be moving inventory very fast - could explain the deep discount. But it’s still a deal when compared to everyone else’s price (Napa, Oreilly’s, AutoZone, Advance Auto). All I could find from those guys were 36 month with the cheapest being Napa at ~$162.xx.

YMMV