Indeflate (air-up and air-down)

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Has anyone seen this device or used it. Honestly airing down and back up after a long day on the trail is the worst part for me anymore. I’m disabled due to a back injury and five spinal surgeries so kneeling down or bending down to air down and back up for extended amounts of time is painful and some days nearby impossible. I’ve been running a Currie valve core removing gauge for airing down as the Staun Tempe just take too long. And a clip on ARB digital inflator and gauge. I’m linking the idea of just clipping on the two hoses the standing up and hooking the deflator yo the bumper etc to watch the gauge while both inflating and deflating. Seems much more friendly to my back and my pain levels. However it’s quite a big chunk of change for this type thing. And not sure how fast it deflated. I could probably build myself something similar but this looks well thought out. Anyway here is a link.
https://adventure-imports.com/product/indeflate/

My contraption only does one tire at a time. I like it because it is one tool to keep track of and just one gauge to read the deflated and inflated pressures.
20190109_144226.jpg

20190109_144302.jpg

I’m thinking about building something for the two tires with the same style clip on connections. A ball valve for dumping the air. A Schrader valve for re filling and a gauge. I’m going to price it all out. I like the design of the indelate with the little slide valve for deflation I’m just having a hard time with the price.

I used a T, two pieces of 3" leader hose, a 10" hose, a ball valve, two air chucks that lock on and a MNPT male tank valve.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PLI4BA/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I took the core out of the male tank valve and drilled out the threads for faster air down. Cant find my pictures right now. I hook up two tires then turn the ball valve open for 2 minutes to get a decent air down pressure. It takes about 4 minutes for 2 tires to air up with my Viar compressor.

we use a lot of camozzi tubing at work to power pneumatic cylinders. it holds up to 120psi IIRC.
push lock fittings, and is very easy to fix or replace.

i'm considering using it to pipe all 4 corners with a quick connect from the pump.

doing 2 wheels at a time is not really saving you any "bend overs". it's still once to connect the contraption and again to disco it at each wheel, no matter how you do it.

having the fill and deflate as a single unit makes sense. only 1 thing to keep track of and anything that can pull a double duty is usually worth it.

It may not save me any time what so ever. That’s not why I’m looking at it. It’s to save the time squatting down or bending over for me. I’ve had five spinal surgeries so far with more to come. And I’m sure I could have made something similar on my own however this seems like a pretty well made product. My wife just ordered me one for my birthday tomorrow so I’ll post some pictures and let you all know what I think of it once I get it and use it a few times.

1579477735629.png

After the first 2-3 times using this on my compressor I could stop them within 2-3psi of where I wanted them on the first try. It locks onto the valve stem and you can walk away for the 2min it takes to air back up

You're not going to find anything faster than the arb tool for deflating. The auto deflators are slow and only work some of the time.

It may not save me any time what so ever. That’s not why I’m looking at it. It’s to save the time squatting down or bending over for me. I’ve had five spinal surgeries so far with more to come. And I’m sure I could have made something similar on my own however this seems like a pretty well made product. My wife just ordered me one for my birthday tomorrow so I’ll post some pictures and let you all know what I think of it once I get it and use it a few times.

i had to piece together a double fill sys for my struts. and while i was searching pieces this thread came to mind.

hows that thing working out?
and i had this thought, your trying to save bend overs, not really how many tires you can fill at a time.
if you were able to consider a stiff fill valve in the rims, this long filler tube and a pipe extension (long nipple) just long enough to keep you upright and you could work your wheels from standing. with the appropriate filler or deflator attached.
you could probably secure an old small 12 point socket to a dowel to twist the caps on and off too.

air chuck.PNG

Reactions: Rescue6
i had to piece together a double fill sys for my struts. and while i was searching pieces this thread came to mind.

hows that thing working out?
and i had this thought, your trying to save bend overs, not really how many tires you can fill at a time.
if you were able to consider a stiff fill valve in the rims, this long filler tube and a pipe extension (long nipple) just long enough to keep you upright and you could work your wheels from standing. with the appropriate filler or deflator attached.
you could probably secure an old small 12 point socket to a dowel to twist the caps on and off too.

View attachment 138610
Yeah. That’s an idea for sure. I may need to do at some point. I just had an implanted spinal cord Stimulator put in and it is really starting to help with my pain levels. So hopefully it will be a long term fix. The indeflate is really cool. I’ve only used it in the driveway at this point just to try it out. But it works great. Is easy to use. I’m waiting for my drivers side seat to get back from PRP so I can drive the Jeep again. Had a warranty issue they are taking care of.

View attachment 135394

After the first 2-3 times using this on my compressor I could stop them within 2-3psi of where I wanted them on the first try. It locks onto the valve stem and you can walk away for the 2min it takes to air back up

You're not going to find anything faster than the arb tool for deflating. The auto deflators are slow and only work some of the time.
I believe the Coyote auto deflators are excellent and remain consistent. A pretty penny at $60, but very worth it

That's nothing new and it doesn't work as well as it seems it should. I made one that inflates/deflates all four tires in probably 1990 or so and it was surprising bad at its two basic jobs. My biggest complaint was that it didn't really get all the tires inflated or deflated to the same exact air pressures.

I read about making one in some 4x4 magazine, this what mine looked like.
2002_0721_202150AA.JPG

octopusjpg.jpg

That's nothing new and it doesn't work as well as it seems it should. I made one that inflates/deflates all four tires in probably 1990 or so and it was surprising bad at its two basic jobs. My biggest complaint was that it didn't really get all the tires inflated or deflated to the same exact air pressures.

I read about making one in some 4x4 magazine, this what mine looked like.
View attachment 139159

View attachment 139158
that's a pretty big bundle to stow. was each leg exact same lengths?