Inflation: full of 'hot' air?

Why would you run max tire pressure on a jeep or car? You are possibly exceeding the max PSI recommendation once the tire heats up.
Max PSI on the sidewall is for cold tires. Thats what I fill up to. My Cooper ATP calls for 50 psi cold.

I don't know how you do it. Those would seem to me like running on tires made out of stone...
My daily is a 3500 ram. The wrangler is pretty soft to me. Plus it makes the tires last much longer in my experience.

My daily is a 3500 ram. The wrangler is pretty soft to me. Plus it makes the tires last much longer in my experience.

That would be understandable on the Ram when hauling and towing but you are overinflating them on the TJ. 50 psi cold is max psi at the load rating on the sidewall(2220 lbs or whatever it is). You do not air em up to 50 psi unless you are at max load.

Psi in tires rises once warmed up so you will be running them at 55-ish, exceeding the max psi. Running the tires at max psi will also result in rapid wear of center tread and harsh ride.

I bet your tires will last much longer than what you have been experiencing if you drop it down to 30.

But do whatever works for you.

Last edited:
That would be understandable on the Ram when hauling and towing but you are overinflating them on the TJ. 50 psi cold is max psi at the load rating on the sidewall(2220 lbs or whatever it is). You do not air em up to 50 psi unless you are at max load.

Psi in tires rises once warmed up so you will be running them at 55-ish, exceeding the max psi. Running the tires at max psi will also result in rapid wear of center tread and harsh ride.

I bet your tires will last much longer than what you have been experiencing if you drop it down to 30.

But do whatever works for you.
I have old habits.....and they are hard to break, but...I think I'll try 30.
Your right, this aint my 1ton with a 5th wheel on it.

The decal on your driver side A pillar should have the recommendation psi to run your tires at.