Inherited my wife’s TJ

Mhass

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Howdy all,
Just getting around to signing up. I've been lurking on and off for a bit. Family has 3 Jeeps (down from 4). I drove an 02 Grand Cherokee for a while (sold), have had a 98 Cherokee for a few years which my kids now drive. My wife recently picked up her 20 JL 4 door and I inherited her '98 TJ. The jeep is in great shape with minimal rust and only 90K. Hard and soft tops, everything works as it should.
Not too many mods yet-Core adjustable control arms and a front end rebuild to cure the death wobble, newer wheels and tires. Just picked up a Smittybuilt rear bumper with receiver and tire carrier, planning on a Garvin 54" front bumper with receiver for winch mount and toy hauling. Probably a light hoop over the bumper. Planning for adjustable control arms in back also and a 3" lift, but first, finish the bumpers and winch. Planning on a 13K lb hitch mounted winch with an underhood, switched power pick-off to a battery quick disconnect for winch power, 15' 1AWG cables. Would like to find some half doors or full soft doors, reminds me, I need to add a Harkin lift to the Amazon list.:)

Reactions: Chris
Welcome to the group. You've joined hands down the best forum around with some of the most knowledgable individuals there are when it comes to the Wrangler TJ.

I second Chris, post some pictures. Let's see that ride.

20210228_155528.jpg
20210228_155601.jpg
20210228_154110.jpg

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
A couple of pics. Put the Smittybuilt bumper, tire carrier and new center brake light on today.
Bumper looks a little smaller than I anticipated on the Jeep but I still like it better than stock and I have a tow rated receiver now.
Ordered the front bumper, and hardtop lift for the garage, then I'll get started on the winch mount and cables and a small lift.

So, since these pics I've added a 2.5" lift...well, most of it. Have one more corner to do. My boss is really demanding and expects me to work and the kids are always taking ridiculous amounts of time with questions like, "Are we gonna eat tonight?"
Anyway, 3 corners done and the lift actually looks much higher than 2.5". Hoping a drive around the block settles it a bit because I didn't plan on a SYE yet.
Also added the Garvin 54" front bumper with receiver and winch on a hitch so it can be removed. Have to finish the last corner and fab up the quick disconnects for the winch.
Oh, put the soft top back on since there was two whole days of sunshine.

Reactions: Alex01
Welcome from another N.Va Jeep owner. Love the color!