Install LED headlights with DRL's, and Turn Signal indicators

When I turn the blinker off the amber turns off and it goes back to a red DRL. The DRL works like it should with the ignition, goes off and on like a champ. It just gets goofy when the blinkers come on. Do you think I should wire the driver's side too and see if some how that's effecting it?

When I turn the blinker off the amber turns off and it goes back to a red DRL. The DRL works like it should with the ignition, goes off and on like a champ. It just gets goofy when the blinkers come on. Do you think I should wire the driver's side too and see if some how that's effecting it?
Let's run through all the steps of operation. Turn Jeep on, red halo turns on, as your DRL. Powered by the key. that is normal, and what should be happening. Then you turn on turn signal, what happens next? The red halo should be shutting off and the ring should be blinking amber. Disable turn signal, blinker stops, and halo goes back to solid red.

So what exactly is happening when you turn on the blinker?

Let's run through all the steps of operation. Turn Jeep on, red halo turns on, as your DRL. Powered by the key. that is normal, and what should be happening. Then you turn on turn signal, what happens next? The red halo should be shutting off and the ring should be blinking amber. Disable turn signal, blinker stops, and halo goes back to solid red.

So what exactly is happening when you turn on the blinker?
Yes I replaced the relay a couple years ago when I did all the exteriors to LED.
When I start her up the DRL comes on like it should, then when I turn on the signal the DRL goes from red to a solid amber. If I disconnect the DRL power the amber will flash like it should with the other signals. The fender signals keep flashing while the amber ring in the headlight stays solid.
Thanks again everyone!

Yes I replaced the relay a couple years ago when I did all the exteriors to LED.
When I start her up the DRL comes on like it should, then when I turn on the signal the DRL goes from red to a solid amber. If I disconnect the DRL power the amber will flash like it should with the other signals. The fender signals keep flashing while the amber ring in the headlight stays solid.
Thanks again everyone!
did the lights come with any sort of anti flicker module? they often supply those to JK owners, because JKs need them. TJs do not and I think they can even make TJs act up. Any chance those are installed and need to be removed?

did the lights come with any sort of anti flicker module? they often supply those to JK owners, because JKs need them. TJs do not and I think they can even make TJs act up. Any chance those are installed and need to be removed?
It came with a harness adapter for a JK but I left those in the box.

It came with a harness adapter for a JK but I left those in the box.
You may just have to contact them. Sounds like something with the lights to me. Your explanation of where you hooked everything up and them operating properly up until both wires are plugged in makes me only think it's the lights. They have a computer in them that is supposed to control operation of the halo (DRL vs turn), similar to a switchback LED bulb which shuts off the white to blink the amber on one of those. I'm guessing the manufacturer can help you, because there is nothing on the Jeep that has anything to do with this after you hook up the power properly, which you clearly did.

Can I piggy back on this thread please? I'm installing the same setup and like always I've found a way to dick things up. I tapped into the signal wires and soldered them together and it seemed to work, the signals in the headlight blink just fine. I ran a power line from #17 fuse under the hood and it powers the drl just fine. But, when I plug both wires into the new lights and turn the blinker on it stays solid amber, I disconnect the power for the drl and it starts to blink. Basically, drl and blinkers work fine individually, but all together not so much and I'm an electrical idiot.
Thanks in advance!
I am right there in the Dick Up Club with ya. The electrical Gods shined down on me, and my hook-up was a success. I have no idea if this would matter, but did you connect each light independently to the side marker light, or did you combine them and then run them to the fuse box?

I am right there in the Dick Up Club with ya. The electrical Gods shined down on me, and my hook-up was a success. I have no idea if this would matter, but did you connect each light independently to the side marker light, or did you combine them and then run them to the fuse box?
For the power I ran a line from #17 fuse and then a jumper from that line to the driver's side. For signal I spliced into the front signal light, those are individually wired driver and passenger side.

I spoke with the company a couple times and that hasn't gotten anywhere. They basically said I needed to do what I've already done. Don't the side markers on the TJ's stay solid? I've seen some write ups about making them flash and I'm wondering if I got something more going on there. Also, my LJ does have wires out back for lights when the previous owner towed behind their RV. I may just have to toss in the towel and stick to the DRL and dit h the signal, not like I need 3 of the buggers up front 😂

I spoke with the company a couple times and that hasn't gotten anywhere. They basically said I needed to do what I've already done. Don't the side markers on the TJ's stay solid? I've seen some write ups about making them flash and I'm wondering if I got something more going on there. Also, my LJ does have wires out back for lights when the previous owner towed behind their RV. I may just have to toss in the towel and stick to the DRL and dit h the signal, not like I need 3 of the buggers up front 😂
Side marker blinks with the front turn signal when lights are off, and blinks opposite of the front turn signal when lights are on. If you install LEDs in the front lamp, that screws up the side marker since it depends on the front. Do you have standard bulbs in the front lamps and side markers or did you change them all to LED? There is some rewiring that needs to be done at the side marker if it’s all LED. The rewiring makes it to where the side marker no longer depends on the front bulb for ground which makes everything work.

Side marker blinks with the front turn signal when lights are off, and blinks opposite of the front turn signal when lights are on. If you install LEDs in the front lamp, that screws up the side marker since it depends on the front. Do you have standard bulbs in the front lamps and side markers or did you change them all to LED? There is some rewiring that needs to be done at the side marker if it’s all LED. The rewiring makes it to where the side marker no longer depends on the front bulb for ground which makes everything work.
The side and front are all LED and I didn't do any wiring changes there. I only did the relay swap in the dash.

The side and front are all LED and I didn't do any wiring changes there. I only did the relay swap in the dash.
That could very well be the problem. The circuit gets funky when LEDs are in place due to the floating ground design. I still don’t see what difference it makes whether the DRL is plugged in or not and why it all screws up once you plug that in.

Here’s the write up for rewiring the side markers if interested. You can also test out your halos by putting back stock bulbs in both locations before you do the rewire.

LED Rewire for Side Marker

That could very well be the problem. The circuit gets funky when LEDs are in place due to the floating ground design. I still don’t see what difference it makes whether the DRL is plugged in or not and why it all screws up once you plug that in.

Here’s the write up for rewiring the side markers if interested. You can also test out your halos by putting back stock bulbs in both locations before you do the rewire.

LED Rewire for Side Marker
Good to know. Looks like another rabbit hole to dive into now.
Thank you for the suggestion!