Install Report: Yukon YA-WU-08 Manual Hub Conversion Kit and VANCO 16” Big Brake Kit

The 5x4.5 kit widens the front track 0.75" each side, 1.5" total.

There are no reliable 3/4" hub centric spacers that I am aware of. However, spacers for the rear axle aren't necessary for any reason other than the aesthetics of equal front and rear track widths. There are reasons why a slightly wider track in front hurts nothing, and may actually be an advantage, but proper automotive engineering analysis is above my pay grade so I will leave that to the experts.

I did not use wheel adapters or spacers when i had the Yukon 5x5.5 kit installed. My rear axle shafts were dual drilled for 5x4.5 and 5x5.5 lug patterns so all I had to do was relocate the studs into the correct holes. I then purchased new wheels with the 5x5.5 lug pattern and 4" backspacing.

I am not aware of any spacers or adapters that would allow you to use TJ 5x4.5 wheels with the Yukon 5x5.5 kit which requires CJ style wheels with a 108mm (4.25") center bore. TJ 5x4.5 wheels have a 71.5mm center bore. No way that little hole is going to fit over that big hub.

Whose rear shafts did you use and is 108mm the actual OD of the hub?

Whose rear shafts did you use and is 108mm the actual OD of the hub?

I purchased rear Dana 44 chromoly axle shafts from Ron Stobach at Carbon Off Road.

As stated in my post, 108mm (4.25") is the required center bore for the 5x5.5 wheels required after the YA-WU-08 hub conversion. It is not a measurement of the hub itself.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I purchased rear Dana 44 chromoly axle shafts from Ron Stobach at Carbon Off Road.

As stated in my post, 108mm (4.25") is the required center bore for the 5x5.5 wheels required after the YA-WU-08 hub conversion. It is not a measurement of the hub itself.

Ok. Trying to decide which hub kit. I was thinking 5.5 would provide the best wheel options because of how the 4.5 kit reduces the window of acceptable backspacing, but that only works if I have the option of running 5x5 with adapters or 5x5.5 without.

Wish there was a 5x5 hub kit.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
You really don't but there really is one. Look up the JK hub conversions. They exist.

My search engine techniques aren't bringing anything up but if you say I don't, I'm guessing the ones that do exist come with some major compromise or just generally suck. Otherwise they'd be more popular since all the wheel manufacturers are focusing on that lug pattern now.

So I guess I'll rephrase to "I wish somebody made a quality 5x5 hub kit that matches the factory WMS width"

Hi, In looking at the rotor that is listed as a replacement for the WU-08 kit (BR-04 rotor) it appears the holes for the studs are awfully close to the hub center. Has anyone ordered this part and is this item the actual item? I looked at a youtube video that comprehensively details the install of WU-08 Kit and the rotors in the box of that kit were beefier looking, with more meat between the center and the wheel studs, but am not inclined to spend thousands ordering without a little more concrete information. Can anyone weigh in on this? Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2023-10-23 at 2.49.25 PM.png

Hi, In looking at the rotor that is listed as a replacement for the WU-08 kit (BR-04 rotor) it appears the holes for the studs are awfully close to the hub center. Has anyone ordered this part and is this item the actual item? I looked at a youtube video that comprehensively details the install of WU-08 Kit and the rotors in the box of that kit were beefier looking, with more meat between the center and the wheel studs, but am not inclined to spend thousands ordering without a little more concrete information. Can anyone weigh in on this? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 468038

@mrblaine you still have some rotors?

I believe I do, let me check.

Edit, yes, I have a pair of the rotors from Yukon that they send with the WU-08 kit. They can be had for the cost of shipping since I don't sell parts I get for free.

@Musician235 here you go. Get with Blaine or depending on where you are at up here I can help with logistics and get you hooked up.