Installed DPG Super Ultimate lift on my LJ

My OME Nitrosport shock part #s are 60047 for the front and 60048 for the rear.
Thanks for the feedback. That is the setup I would expect on a TJ. I was curious about Itchys because he has an LJ but they used the softer TJ springs in the rear. So I was curious if they used the LJ specific shock 60049 or the TJ 60048.

Reactions: DaveC
Thanks for the feedback. That is the setup I would expect on a TJ. I was curious about Itchys because he has an LJ but they used the softer TJ springs in the rear. So I was curious if they used the LJ specific shock 60049 or the TJ 60048.
I wish I would have paid attention :/

No big deal. I was just curious as I have considered trying the OME shocks on my LJ. If you ever think of it when your under your jeep you can take a look. They might have a number on the shock. Thanks.

No big deal. I was just curious as I have considered trying the OME shocks on my LJ. If you ever think of it when your under your jeep you can take a look. They might have a number on the shock. Thanks.
I’ll update this thread when I get home. I’m currently in Afghanistan so bare with me ;)

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman
How much bumpstop are you guys running upfront with your DPG lifts? I recently ordered the OME long travel shocks because I had 2" of bumpstop. But now that I have the shocks I realize they are going to need more than that. On the other hand the standard shocks seem like they are pretty short and I would loose a lot of travel. So I was curious at how much bumpstop you have up front.

How much bumpstop are you guys running upfront with your DPG lifts? I recently ordered the OME long travel shocks because I had 2" of bumpstop. But now that I have the shocks I realize they are going to need more than that. On the other hand the standard shocks seem like they are pretty short and I would loose a lot of travel. So I was curious at how much bumpstop you have up front.
I have 0" up front with the 60047 shocks and 31s. I had the springs out a few weeks ago to center the axles under the bump stops and at full compression the shocks did not bottom out.

• Extended Length (IN): 22.24 Inch
  • Compressed Length (IN): 13.14 Inch

60047L
  • Extended Length (IN): 26.69 Inch
  • Compressed Length (IN): 15.43 Inch

Stock
  • Extended Length (IN): 20.50 inch
  • Compressed Length (IN): 13.00 inch

Reactions: Fargo
The ideal way is to check bump yourself. We cant tell you how much bump your Jeep needs.
Yeah I get that. I was just curious because I've seen a alot of people I greatly respect say you can run the OME long shocks with 2" of bumpstop and I need that for shocks that are a full inch shorter. So I was curious at what Dirk includes in his kit since I thought it was designed to run 33s.

Pr
Yeah I get that. I was just curious because I've seen a alot of people I greatly respect say you can run the OME long shocks with 2" of bumpstop and I need that for shocks that are a full inch shorter. So I was curious at what Dirk includes in his kit since I thought it was designed to run 33s.
Pretty sure even with the long shocks, you’re going to get two hockey pucks per side.

Pr

Pretty sure even with the long shocks, you’re going to get two hockey pucks per side.
Yeah, thats what I run with my 14.5" compressed shocks. It seems to me the OME longs (15.4") would need another inch on my Jeep.

It's just come to my attention recently that a front shock that measures 15.5" will actually required 16.5" of space when measuring your jeep from mount to mount. That is because the factory measurements don't include the rubber bushings in their measurements. So if people measure for the shock and don't allow for the bushing they will have shocks that are too long. At least that is what I am currently running into. I've never seen this discussed before, so I'm trying to gather some info to see if that is correct.

Yeah, thats what I run with my 14.5" compressed shocks. It seems to me the OME longs (15.4") would need another inch on my Jeep.

It's just come to my attention recently that a front shock that measures 15.5" will actually required 16.5" of space when measuring your jeep from mount to mount. That is because the factory measurements don't include the rubber bushings in their measurements. So if people measure for the shock and don't allow for the bushing they will have shocks that are too long. At least that is what I am currently running into. I've never seen this discussed before, so I'm trying to gather some info to see if that is correct.
Easiest thing to do is mark the strut fully compressed, then fully extended. Then install them without the springs and jounce bumper installed. Then cycle your axle with the tire installed and shim accordingly based on whether your tire contacts or strut bottoms out.

Reactions: Fargo
Easiest thing to do is mark the strut fully compressed, then fully extended. Then install them without the springs and jounce bumper installed. Then cycle your axle with the tire installed and shim accordingly based on whether your tire contacts or strut bottoms out.
That's just hard to do before you order your shocks. :)

Well, I ordered my super ultimate yesterday! As of now, my plan is to run with the current 32-inch BFG's until I determine a tire and wheel set up. I am back to the 10.5 vs 12.5 tire width, either will be a 33 on a 15 wheel. If anyone has a side by side comparison of these two tire sizes please post them up 33x12.5x15 vs 33x10.5x15

I am also debating between a 10 or 8 wide wheel. The primary use for the Jeep will be date nights and weekend cruises with the once-in-a-year Colorado Utah trip and an occasional 3-day weekend trip to Arkansas. I also plan to drive it from Dallas, Texas to Key West, Florida around Christmas this year so road manors are highly important.

Wheeling Trips the Jeep will be on a trailer, Florida will be the only long trip where we will be driving the Jeep the whole time, about 3500-4000 miles in total.

The wheels I am planning on are Method Double standards and Tires are Cooper Stt Pro

I can’t help with the 12.5 pic, but these are BFG KM3 33x10.50x15’s. Idk why, but I’ve always liked the pizza cutter look. Reminds me of the old willy’s my grandpa had on the farm.

EBC7DF4A-09D3-4B7A-BA2E-7A64AE45ACE0.jpeg

4C8E9F66-BE9A-4A9A-B8EA-7D46EAF559EC.jpeg