Installing Brown Dog Motor Mounts

buck208

Supporting Member
Last edited:
Remove the fan shroud, that's what I would do. I'm installing my M.O.R.E. MML and Rokmen body lift soon, and I plan on removing the fan shroud for this very reason.

Reactions: buck208
Forgot to mention, now the fan is hitting the shroud at the top (12 o'clock position).

Ok, plan is now to trim the fan shroud to clear the fan, loosen the passenger side through bolt then set/ secure the drivers side motor mount.

Just to be clear, you need the shroud, just remove/loosen it to get the mml installed. You should be able to drill new holes in the shroud to remount it in the right position.

Reactions: KCsTJ and skrelnik
Don't trim the fan shroud, just loosen the 4 screw type bolts and reposition the shroud, mark and drill the new shroud holes.

Trimming the fan shroud would mess up the designed air flow thru the radiator, and be lots more werk.. :/

Reactions: JMT and skrelnik
For the driver side you need to remove the entire bracket, not just the MM. There is a bolt that you probably cannot get to because of the AC compressor.

Watch this video, you will see what you need to do.

Reactions: StG58
After all that, got the BD MM's installed/ fan shroud removed made the install much easier. Yes, the fan shroud is back in place/ no contact from fan. Above video is good. As I was having a few choice words earlier while doing this, my oldest son said "dad didn't you check out YouTube first" .... Point taken...

Reactions: Web98 and skrelnik
Oh BTW Tim at Brown Dog was super nice/ helpful. He reconfirmed some of the above forum advice. Good dude and company.

For anyone attempting this after this thread, follow @KCsTJ advice. I have these MM’s, I know.

1) do not remove the fan shroud, unless you just like unnecessary work.
2) just remove the four MM screws
3) do the passenger side MM first
4) do the drivers side MM last
5) make slits in the shroud so you can slide it up 1” (this is for MM only. When installing a BL immediately after, this is not necessary, you just leave it unscrewed for both installs
6) trim where the radiator hose is clearly going to interfere with the top of your shroud.
7) put your 4 shroud screws back in

Glad you got it @buck208. Sometimes you just gotta figure her out!

Reactions: KCsTJ