• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Installing factory fog lights on a pre-wired TJ

Big Green

I have the silver TJ, and wanted to know if anyone found a good extension for the factory plug? I changed my bumpers and want to add back the fog lights but when I put the factory set back on the new bumper did not like the look. Want or must say have to have round fogs or it would not be a TJ, any recommendations for replacements? I know there are tons of options and you guys always have some great feedback. Thank you.
few pics added of the bumper and the female connector attached on the inside of each fender.

View attachment 52086

View attachment 52087
I used something like this.

Leroy_TJ

2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler X
Supporting Member
I found my problem with the fog lights. The extensions I used were not making good contact with the lights.
I cut the ends off the lights and soldered the extensions with stock connector on it. Plugged up all good now.

8167DED7-97FF-478F-AD94-03F8B6B441FD.jpeg

Reactions: Chris

ldeer77

The later 03-06 models did for sure, but I'm not sure about the 97-02 models. It's easy to check, just look under the fenders for wiring and two empty plugs (one on each side).
I'm gonna check on this for mine, thanks for the tip!

eta - the answer appears to be no. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris