Intake manifold swap

TheShakes90

I'm getting ready to move forward with my intake, but ran into a snag with the PCV. The way I see it I can go a few different routes:
1) fully custom with either 1/2" tube or breathe to atmosphere
2) swap my 2006 manifold and tube to an 04 or prior tube and manifold
3) modify my current tube to accept the PCV

Any suggestions before I go ahead with the 1/2" hose?

Maybe I missed it, but why are you swapping the intake manifold?

Are we talking about the intake manifold here or the air intake? I'm confused.

@Skylinessuck was considering swapping the manifold and tube, that way I wouldn't have to custom my PCV. The 04 apparently has the intake temp sensor in the manifold unlike the 06 where it's in the tube.
Came to my senses though and just rigging up some hoses

Okay, so you are trying to change your filter and intake piping then, right? And you are trying to figure out how to deal with the PCV and intake temp sensors, correct? I won't question your motives or comment on the efficacy for changing the filter and piping. I'm sure others will do that plenty.

If you are considering swapping the actual intake manifold just to move the sensor, that would be a ton of work when there are much easier ways to simply mount it on the new piping. Also, there may be a difference in the tune of the PCM to account for a difference in heat soak of the intake manifold vs the piping, but I'm not sure. I suspect there is though. I will also mention I'm unfamiliar with how the newer style intake sensor mounts to the pipe but I stand by my previous comment about there being a way to remount it that is much easier than swapping intake manifolds.

On the PCV/CCV, slapping a filter on the valve cover would work although you would lose the slight vacuum benefit of it being attached at the other end to the intake piping. I doubt that would hurt anything in this application though. What I would be more concerned about is while in theory that would be fine on the street, jeeps are meant to get dirty, wet, muddy, dusty, and attract beautiful women that want to ride topless with you. I could see that being an issue for the open element filter stuck to the top of the valve cover.

What problem is making you want to move the sensor?