Interesting rear bumper

Artsifrtsi

I just wanna go wheeling...
Supporting Member
Saw this linked in another post. Almost looks like a front bumper, but it is deeper and wider... also the bumperettes have plate lights in them. Is this just the UK spec rear?

1601646765040.png

No accounting for taste, and all that. Its actually making me at least briefly think about adding the "Dagmars" to my new rear bumper when I build it. I probably won't, but I'll consider it. Hey - it beats an angry bird grille! ;)

It could be tucked in a little... just notch the top to go around the body mounts... and wouldn't need the bumperettes, but its a great width, and matches the front. After the last hit and run damaged the stock plastic bumper ends, I took them off, and the rear bumper is too narrow...

I saw a Jeep TJ in Austria on a business trip. Europe has interesting fender and bumper laws requiring strict tire coverage. Front and rear bumpers require crush cans.

823_1.jpg

Might be an export thing.

@Kiwi TJ, can you confirm or deny this?

I think it looks rather ugly.
Yes ..pretty sure its an export thing...I do see a few like that out here too. (and in Australia). The lights in the bumper are for the license plate which need to be seen at night.....(Rules and regulations).
Most people out here swap out the rear bumper or take off the rear mini-milk jugs and bumperettes. The export front bumpers are more of an eyesore though.

1601693011196.png

Yes ..pretty sure its an export thing...I do see a few like that out here too. (and in Australia). The lights in the bumper are for the license plate which need to be seen at night.....(Rules and regulations).
Most people out here swap out the rear bumper or take off the rear mini-milk jugs and bumperettes. The export front bumpers are more of an eyesore though.

View attachment 193886

I have seen those front bumpers on the exports. Talk about just awful 🤢

Reactions: Kiwi TJ