Interior Light Operation

GreenMachine52

I recently bought by my first Jeep, it’s a 2006 Wrangler X Soft top. My question is how do u turn on the interior lights in the jeep (dome, andfloor boards)? The only time the year come on it when I turn the engine off and remove the key.

I tried that you can spin it and there’s one click for brightest and then the fairest clickbait doesn’t nothing with the key out.

Yep, rotate ring on left turn signal all the way , it turns it on and dims all the interior.

Welcome aboard , you will find this forum fantastic.

They should come on with the key out , but not dim unless lights are on I think. I slapped LEDs in mine , a little brighter.

If I'm missing something I 'll check mine, gets where I don't think about it/remember correctly .

The number 4 fuse in my 03 allows me to kill the lights when I take off my doors. But, since yours turn on when you pull the key, that doesn’t seem the case. However, as the others have pointed out, rotating the switch should turn them on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On my 03 Rubicon, the dimmer ring rotates up to brighten, one click is max bright and second click turns on the domes and under dash lights.

This is a little bit out in left field but if it has driving lights you might pull in and out on the same turn signal post because the knob on the outer end activates the lights.. and see if somehow that thing is messing with the contracts.