Interior questions

N

natsuki harvey

hi again all i was just out working on my tj and i have been trying to fit 04 wj seats into the front brackets but realized that the tj has the cables which work the tumble mechanism while the wj doesnt have such thing

so would the wj seats work? or should i get other seats its always better to have the right model seats anyways am i right? if so what years did the tj have the tumbling mechanism for the front seats assuming that all tj brackets will just bolt onto the same holes on the jeep itself...

also while the seats were out i was wondering if bedlining the interior is a good idea but what is bedlining good for? and what kind of bedliner should i use and estimated cost?

i know its alot to ask im new to gas cars and working on cars in general "car before was a '15 nissan leaf :("
thanks in advance

Bedlinging the interior is fine and some people prefer it so they can clean it out easily. However, it will get hot from the transmission underneath. Carpet is a cheap fix. Bedrug is a more expensive but excellent choice for the TJ.

Can’t help with the seats, but someone will be able too.

Bedlinging the interior is fine and some people prefer it so they can clean it out easily. However, it will get hot from the transmission underneath. Carpet is a cheap fix. Bedrug is a more expensive but excellent choice for the TJ.

Can’t help with the seats, but someone will be able too.
thank you so if i were to i should carpet everything

This is the stuff I've always used for bedliner:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002TDUW4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Works great and holds up well!

If won't run without carpet. It insulates, it keeps things warm, and it keeps the noise down. However, in terms of carpet I would either go with the BedRug or BedTred, as either is better than the stock carpet, and much easier to clean / remove (especially the BedTred).

Reactions: Chris
so about the seats will a 97 to 02 seat have a tumbling mechanism connected to the bracket if so will it fit the 04 holes

so about the seats will a 97 to 02 seat have a tumbling mechanism connected to the bracket if so will it fit the 04 holes

The 97-02 seats are different from the 03-06 seats, and from my understanding the fronts will fit if you use the rails from the donor vehicle, but the back seats will not fit without re-welding some brackets as I understand it. I believe @Kathy had the dilemma at some point.

I was told the back seat of a tj rubicon would not fit in my Tj sport. I did not try to fit it at that point seeing it was a temporary fix. Sorry I can't help more.

IMO, bedliner is a pita to clean. Sure, you can hose it off but there always seems to be ground in dirt embedded into every little nook and cranny. Short of a stiff brush, detergent, and muscle, it always looks grungy.
Thank you. Having had several different versions of bedliner including the crap Herculiner in Jeeps, it never looks as good as the day you finish it or it gets finished being sprayed in commercially. It gets dirty and stays dirty.

As for Herc, it takes about 3-4 coats to achieve a film build thickness of a normal business card. In comparison, commercial spray in will achieve 1/8" and thicker in one or two coats.

The 97-02 seats are different from the 03-06 seats, and from my understanding the fronts will fit if you use the rails from the donor vehicle, but the back seats will not fit without re-welding some brackets as I understand it. I believe @Kathy had the dilemma at some point.
im just looking to replace the front and on a budget will probably head to the junk yard next weekend...

thank you for all the knowledge about bed lining maybe ill go find some spray can paint just for small marks and stuff

I used bed liner then put my carpet on top. For us in Ontario , trying to keep the rust at bay is a major concern. Works well for me.

Debating getting the seats recovered on my TJ. Might be the best option.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk